The YWCA of Palestine is a non-governmental association initiated in 1893 and was formally established in Jerusalem in 1918. The YWCA of Palestine empowers women and youth to demand, exercise and protect their economic, social and political rights.
The YWCA of Palestine will be implementing the “Enabled and inclusive community based MHPSS and GBV services in East Jerusalem and Area C in Ramallah and Tubas” project in partnership with Terre des Hommes Lausanne (TDH). The project aims at strengthening community-based protection mechanisms, through building the capacities of Community-based organization’ service providers and community volunteers to provide qualitative and inclusive Child Protection (CP) Mental Health and Phycological Support (MHPSS) and Gender Based Violence (GBV) responses.
Accordingly, YWCA of Palestine would like to recruit two Psychologists
Duty Station: Ramallah (1), Tubas (1)
Duration of Contract: Employment Duration from June the 1st 2022 until March the 31st 2023
Closing Date for Applications: 30th Apr 2022
The Psychologist will be responsible for:
- Capacity Building.
- Conduct training for the project Coordinators & volunteers on MHPSS
- Conduct training for the project coordinators and volunteers on Psychosocial first aid interventions.
- Conduct training for CBOs’ assigned staff related to the project interventions.
- Awareness Raising:
- Conduct awareness raising sessions to groups of adults in the targeted communities on MHPSS available services that aim to decrease stigmas.
- Provide awareness-raising sessions for persons at risk of GBV and more broadly awareness on women right.
- Direct Intervention:
- Provision of Psychosocial Support Sessions (PSS) to children and adolescents.
- Conduct structured Mental Health Psychosocial (MHPSS) sessions for children aged (12-18) including children with disability.
- Provide structured support group sessions GBV survivors (mainly women and girls) or at risk of GBV.
- Conduct joint child-parent activities for families including at least children with disabilities.
- Case Management:
- Provide specialized individual case management (CM) for children affected by conflict related violence. The CM processes will be conducted in alignment with national and global standards.
- Identify the critical GBV cases during the structured support group and provision of case management for identified GBV survivors, and refer the critical cases to the specialized organization.
- Planning& Reporting:
- Prepare the interventions plan for the targeted communities
- Develop methodologies on the case management and individual interventions
- Prepare individual case management reports
- Prepare progress reports on the planned interventions.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA in Psychology, Master degree in same field is a plus.
- At least 4 years’ experience working with child protection or GBV programing
- Familiarity with the humanitarian context in the targeted localities, especially the national referral system.
- Proven experience of working directly with children and families
- Experience in supervising and coaching volunteers
- Knowledge of Interagency Emergency Standard Operational Procedures for Prevention of and Response to Gender Based Violence and Child Protection is a plus.
Interested candidates should apply by sending their CV and a cover letter no later than 30th April 2022 to the email address [email protected]. Please mention the Job Title in the subject of the email.
For more information about YWCA of Palestine, you can visit www.ywca.ps
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.