Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from the Hebron district, we are recruiting a:
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
- Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient's condition
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology.
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Psychologist with clinical experience
- Experience in providing psychotherapy to beneficiaries who have experienced traumas including sexual violence.
- Experience in facilitating trainings to other actors in mental health topics.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries.
- Mission language (English) desirable and local language essential (Arabic).
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, CV with reference details, copies of diploma, work certificate, professional license (if applicable) to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Human Resources Department –Hebron Project
With the reference: PSYCHOLOGIST. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Closing application date is June 9th, 2021.