Palestine Aviner for Childhood Foundation “PACF” Established in 1998, PACF is a non-profit organization and one of the only specialized service providers for children with cerebral palsy CWCP and their families in Gaza Strip. PACF provides specialized education, social, psychological, leisure and vocational training services for CWCP/ MD. HI started its partnership with PACF in May 2011 supporting outreach and center based rehabilitation services for CWCP/ MD in Gaza City.
Within a partnership agreement with Humanity & Inclusion HI developed in order to implement the project entitled “Address the emergency and post-emergency rehabilitation gaps for the most vulnerable women, men, girls and boys with injuries and disabilities in the Gaza Strip”. The project aims at mitigating the outset of physical limitations due to March of Return demonstrations’ injuries and besides the rehabilitation needs of persons with disabilities whom became more neglected due to the prolonged chronic crisis; through provision of critical and lifesaving injury care and multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services for children and adults in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
PACF is currently looking for qualified candidate to fill the position of psychologist (six positions).
Duty Station/ Location: North Gaza, Gaza, and Middle Area Governorates.
Duration: 10 months, with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 1st May, 2019
Under the supervision of PACF project coordinator, the psychologist will work in PACF in order to provide psychological support services, and follow up visits to persons with injuries PwIs and fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Be present at PACF to assess mental functions, emotional status and social development of Persons with Injuries PwIs, to determine the level and the type of cognition, perception and behavior deficiency as well as the strength and capacities, to assess their social environment and their social interactions.
- Design individual and group psychological support sessions and / or interventions that would contribute to the evolving capacities of persons with injuries and persons with disabilities to the realization of the dignified life of them.
- Coordinate the other center-based team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the PwIs, and other vulnerable groups in a multidisciplinary approach.
- Coordinate with groups of persons with injuries and persons with disabilities and facilitate their implementation to psychological support peer to peer sessions.
- Participate in the technical trainings that HI will conduct in order to improve the team members’ intervention quality with persons with injuries and persons with disabilities.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by HI during working with persons with injuries and persons with disabilities.
- Report to PACF using the agreed monitoring tools and reports forms on daily/weekly/monthly and quarterly basis.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in psychology, with at least 5 years of work experience.
- Proven advanced knowledge and experience in implementing psychosocial support services at community level, preferably with persons with injuries and persons with disabilities.
- Ability to contribute and work within a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Open and flexible.
- Experience in training, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong command of English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken).
- Computer skills (Word, PowerPoint…).
Interested candidates may send their CV and a motivation letter to [email protected] no later than Thursday 11st April, 2019.
Please include the job title as Psychologist in the subject line of your application e-mail.
PACF and HI are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities.