Palestine Aviner for Childhood Foundation “PACF” Established in 1998, PACF is a non-profit organization and one of the only specialized service providers for children with cerebral palsy CWCP and their families in Gaza Strip. PACF provides specialized education, social, psychological, leisure and vocational training services for CWCP/ MD. HI started its partnership with PACF in May 2011 supporting outreach and center based rehabilitation services for CWCP/ MD in Gaza City.
Within a partnership agreement with Humanity & Inclusion HI developed in order to implement the project entitled “Address the emergency and post-emergency rehabilitation gaps for the most vulnerable women, men, girls and boys with injuries and disabilities in the Gaza Strip”. The project aims at mitigating the outset of physical limitations due to March of Return demonstrations’ injuries and besides the rehabilitation needs of persons with disabilities whom became more neglected due to the prolonged chronic crisis; through provision of critical and lifesaving injury care and multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services for children and adults in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
PACF is currently looking for qualified candidate to fill the position of Occupational Therapist (six positions).
Duty Station/ Location: North Gaza, Gaza, and Middle Area Governorates.
Duration: 10 months, with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 1st May, 2019
Under the supervision of PACF project coordinator, the Occupational Therapist (OT) will work in PACF in order to conduct assessment of the needs to occupational therapy services, conduct OT sessions, and fulfill the following responsibilities
- Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the rehabilitation needs and provide occupaional therapy sessions and follow up to persons with disabilities/ persons with injuries.
- Coordinate with the project coordinator and other outreach team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the PwIs to ensure a multidisciplinary approach in services planning and delivery.
- Identify PwIs specific needs of assistive devices and write clear and correct prescription and submit to the project coordinator on regular basis.
- Conduct training to assistive devices beneficiaries on how to use it properly.
- Propose to beneficiaries/families/caregivers’ investments of the environmental resources to contribute to adapting the homes to their specific needs in order to improve their participation in the daily activities of life.
- Participate in the technical trainings that Hl will conduct in order to improve the team members’ intervention quality with PwIs and other vulnerable groups.
- Conduct trainings to families/caregivers of beneficiaries on home basic follow up exercises and ensure OT exercises are implemented after discharge.
- Use the physio-tool resources and share with beneficiaries, their families and caregivers according to their needs.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by HI during working with PwIs.
- Report to the project coordinator using the monitoring tools and reports’ forms on daily weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A minimum university degree / or Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in the rehabilitation of persons with disabilities/ persons with injuries.
- Very positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid working license in OT.
- Strong command of spoken and written English
- Excellent Computer Skills (Excel, PPP, Word)
- Excellent teamwork skills and spirit
Interested candidates may send their CV and a motivation letter to [email protected] no later than Thursday 11st April, 2019.
Please include the job title as Occupational Therapist in the subject line of your application e-mail.
PACF and HI are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities.