Palestine Aviner for Childhood Foundation “PACF” Established in 1998, PACF is a non-profit organization and one of the only specialized service providers for children with cerebral palsy CWCP and their families in Gaza Strip. PACF provides specialized education, social, psychological, leisure and vocational training services for CWCP/ MD. HI started its partnership with PACF in May 2011 supporting outreach and center based rehabilitation services for CWCP/ MD in Gaza City.
Within a partnership agreement with Humanity & Inclusion HI developed in order to implement the project entitled “Address the emergency and post-emergency rehabilitation gaps for the most vulnerable women, men, girls and boys with injuries and disabilities in the Gaza Strip”. The project aims at mitigating the outset of physical limitations due to March of Return demonstrations’ injuries and besides the rehabilitation needs of persons with disabilities whom became more neglected due to the prolonged chronic crisis; through provision of critical and lifesaving injury care and multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services for children and adults in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
PACF is currently looking for qualified candidate to fill the position of Nurse (six positions).
Duty Station/ Location: North Gaza, Gaza, and Middle Area Governorates.
Duration: 10 months, with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 1st May, 2019
Under the supervision of PACF project coordinator, the Nurse will work in PACF in order to provide post-operative nursing care and wound dressing sessions, and follow up visits to persons with injuries and persons with disabilities to fulfill the following responsibilities :
- Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Help in implementation protocols for the follow up of Post-Operative care for persons with disabilities/ persons with injuries.
- Perform wound dressing sessions to persons with disabilities/ persons with injuries.
- Assess the nursing needs for persons with disabilities/ persons with injuries and report to project coordinator.
- Conduct home visit persons with disabilities/ persons with injuries to assess the needs and provide support to those who have registered their need for assessment and support purposes.
- Coordinate the other outreach team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the persons with disabilities/ persons with injuries, and other vulnerable groups in a multidisciplinary approach.
- Participate in the technical trainings that HI will conduct in order to improve the team members’ intervention quality with persons with disabilities/ persons with injuries.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by HI during working with persons with disabilities/ persons with injuries.
- Report to PACF using the agreed monitoring tools and reports forms on daily/weekly/monthly and quarterly basis.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in nurse, with at least 2 years of professional experiences in working at a mobile clinic/team, PHCC center or in an emergency room of a hospital.
- Valid Certificate of practicing the profession, and registered as a Nurse
- Work as team player and has flexibility in his/her work
- Ability to contribute and work within a team.
- Strong command of English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken).
- Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset
- Experience in Surgical Operation Theatre, Orthopedic and Trauma case is an asset
Interested candidates may send their CV and a motivation letter to [email protected] no later than Thursday 11st April, 2019.
Please include the job title as Nurse in the subject line of your application e-mail.
PACF and HI are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities.