Background on CISS
CISS - Cooperazione Internazionale Sud Sud, is an Italian Non-Governmental Organization founded in Palermo in 1985, officially recognized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs as an organization eligible to promote and implement cooperation projects in developing Countries (law 1989/128/3638/O, 6th December 1989). CISS is an NGO of solidarity and international cooperation, whose main purpose is to intervene in favor of the most vulnerable populations in various geographical and socio-economic contexts. CISS has been committed to supporting the Palestinian population since 1988, and has implemented various projects including the management and improvement of water resources, mental health and child protection, preservation of natural and cultural heritage, integrated agricultural development, gender and women empowerment, psychosocial programs, capacity building for community-based organizations, and support for the most vulnerable groups in East Jerusalem and the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
Under the supervision of the project manager, the Psychological Supervisor must achieve the desired objectives of this position, which are as follows:
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and effectively evaluate the psychological activities for the project in line with the values and behavior of the organization.
- Direct supervision of the implementation and follow-up of all psychological activities of the project, to reach the planned goals.
- Coordinate with relevant internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the implementation of project activities within the project parameters in terms of scope, time and cost.
- Manage all inputs and outputs of psychological activities.
- Deliver high quality reports on time.
As a Psychological Support Specialist, you will play a critical role in addressing the psychosocial and psychological needs of women, girls, boys and different communities. Your expertise will contribute to the overall well-being and resilience of beneficiaries. Your responsibilities will include the following:
Capacity Building and Training:
- Developing and delivering psychosocial and psychological training sessions for staff of the organization and partner organizations along with relevant stakeholders.
Mental health and well-being:
- Implementing trauma-informed approaches to psychological support, ensuring sensitivity to cultural, gender, and contextual factors.
- Providing individual and group counseling sessions to address PTSD, behavioral problems, and hard psychological conditions, and supervising the ones implemented by partners.
- Managing all inputs and outputs of psychological support activities and safeguarding its confidentiality.
- Conducting psychosocial assessments to understand the needs and challenges faced by women, girls, and victims of gender-based violence (GBV) and conflict-related violence.
- Fostering safe spaces for beneficiaries to share their experiences and emotions taking into account the relevant environmental constraints impact on mental health while promoting a sense of empowerment and resilience.
- Implementing trauma-informed approaches to psychosocial support, ensuring sensitivity to cultural, gender, and contextual factors.
- Fostering safe spaces for beneficiaries to share their experiences and emotions while promoting a sense of empowerment and control.
Awareness and Outreach:
- Contributing to the development of materials, resources, and tools to raise awareness about psychosocial well-being and self-care
- Collecting and analyzing data to determine the needed topics to be tackled throughout the different stages of the project, adopting People-centered approach.
- Participating in community outreach initiatives to engage women, girls, and community members in discussions on mental health, resilience, and psychosocial support.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Collaborating with the project team to design and implement monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for psychosocial support activities.
- Collecting and analyzing data to assess the impact of psychosocial interventions and inform program adjustments.
- Planning and reviewing all plans and reports related to the psychological activities during the project period.
- Planning and preparing the necessary trainings, based on emerging needs and evaluations of staff of partners.
- Preparing the working forms of the activities.
- implementing field visits to ensure the quality of work.
- Conducting needs assessments and focus groups.
- Holding periodic meetings to discuss and follow up the progress of work.
- Preparing monthly and final reports of psychological activities.
- Networking and coordinating with relevant partners and stakeholders.
- Effective documentation of project activities.
- Managing all inputs and outputs of women and children psychological support activities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Psychology
- At least 5 years of experience in psychological support and community work in non-governmental institutions.
- Case management knowledge and expenses is preferred
- Computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent speaking and writing communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with team members.
- Very organized and structured.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good attitude and willingness to improve skills and knowledge.
Contract duration:12 months
Starting Date: ASAP
If you feel you meet the requirements and have the necessary skills, please send your CV and cover letter in English to the following email: [email protected], by maximum on Tuesday 22/08/2023, 03:00 pm.
الرجاء على من تجد أنها تستوفي الشروط ولديها المهارات اللازمة إرسال السيرة الذاتية ورسالة تغطية باللغة الانجليزية على الإيميل التالي: [email protected] كحد أقصى يوم الثلاثاء 22/08/2023، الساعة 03:00 مساءً.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
لن يتم النظر في الطلبات التي ترد بعد الموعد النهائي.