Background on CISS
CISS - Cooperazione Internazionale Sud Sud, is an Italian Non-Governmental Organization founded in Palermo in 1985, officially recognized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs as an organization eligible to promote and implement cooperation projects in developing Countries (law 1989/128/3638/O, 6th December 1989). CISS is an NGO of solidarity and international cooperation, whose main purpose is to intervene in favor of the most vulnerable populations in various geographical and socio-economic contexts. CISS’ commitment to support the Palestinian population started in 1988. Originally, in the Gaza Strip the projects focused mainly on the management and improvement of the quality of water resources and mental health and child protection, while in the West Bank particular attention was given to the preservation of natural and cultural heritage and to the integrated agricultural development. In more recent years, CISS turned its attention particularly towards gender, psychosocial programs, women empowerment, capacity building for community-based organizations and on the support for the most vulnerable groups addressed to the Palestinian population of East Jerusalem and the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
Under the supervision of the project manager, the logistic support coordinator must achieve the desired objectives of this position, which are as follows:
- Provide logistic support to all CISS staff and implementing proper supply functions effectively.
- Implement logistic functions and utilizing and monitoring of all supply processes according to the policies and procedures followed by CISS.
- Provide advice to officials to enable them to make the most of purchases
- Preparing accurate reports for monitoring and evaluating all logistics.
- Supervising orders and arranging storage of raw materials and equipment to ensure that all needs are met.
- Planning and managing logistics and transportation matters, optimizing order cycle, communication and negotiation with suppliers, manufacturers and dealers.
- Receiving orders forms from divisions and dully treat them within the required timeline.
- Distribute / Collect quotations & Tenders to an identified list of suppliers / vendors.
- Track quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transportation costs, and efficiency.
- Achieving the objectives of the organization, whether in the short term or the long term.
- Ensure that premises, assets, and communication methods are used effectively.
- Utilizing logistics information technology to improve procedures.
- Improving the quality of the physical flow and providing logistic services in the best possible way.
- Assist in identifying and developing good business relationships and contacts with appropriate suppliers.
- Effective documentation and archiving of project logistics files.
- Maintain, review and update the supplier and equipment database regularly.
- Performing regular performance evaluations and reviews of suppliers to ensure that they are operating within the acceptable standards and objectives of CISS and provide the expected service.
- Any other detailed tasks that fall within the scope of work and job description.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or any related field.
- At least 5 years of work experience in procurement/ logistics positions and the field of community work in non-governmental organizations.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent speaking and writing communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with team members.
- Very organized and structured.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good attitude and willingness to improve skills and knowledge.
If you feel you meet the requirements and have the necessary skills, please send your CV and cover letter to the following email: [email protected], by maximum 09/05/2021, 03:00 pm.
الرجاء على من يجد أنه يستوفي الشروط ولديه المهارات اللازمة إرسال السيرة الذاتية ورسالة تغطية على الإيميل التالي:
[email protected], كحد أقصى يوم 09/05/2021، الساعة 03:00 مساءً.