Project title: " PAN 1325-Action4Change: EmPowerment, Advocacy and Networking interventions in Palestine" - phase 4
Background on CISS
CISS - Cooperazione Internazionale Sud Sud, is an Italian Non-Governmental Organization founded in Palermo in 1985, officially recognized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs as an organization eligible to promote and implement cooperation projects in developing Countries (law 1989/128/3638/O, 6th December 1989). CISS is an NGO of solidarity and international cooperation, whose main purpose is to intervene in favor of the most vulnerable populations in various geographical and socio-economic contexts. CISS has been committed to supporting the Palestinian population since 1988, and has implemented various projects including the management and improvement of water resources, mental health and child protection, preservation of natural and cultural heritage, integrated agricultural development, gender and women empowerment, psychosocial programs, capacity building for community-based organizations, and support for the most vulnerable groups in East Jerusalem and the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
Under the supervision of the project manager, the Legal Consultant must achieve the desired objectives of this position, which are as follows:
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and effectively evaluate the legal activities for the project in line with the values and behavior of the organization.
- Direct supervision of the implementation and follow-up of all legal activities of the project partners, to reach the planned goals.
- Coordinate with relevant internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the implementation of project activities within the project parameters in terms of scope, time and cost.
- Manage all inputs and outputs of Legal activities.
- Deliver high quality reports on time.
As a Legal Consultant for the Conflict Resolution and Gender Empowerment Project, your role will be crucial in ensuring the effective implementation of legal aspects related to the project's objectives. You will work closely with project stakeholders, partners, and beneficiaries to provide legal expertise, guidance, and support. Your responsibilities will include:
❖ Legal Consultations and Awareness
- Providing legal consultations and awareness to women and girls who are former prisoners and victims of gender-based violence (GBV) and conflict-related violence.
- Planning the supervising the implementation of legal awareness sessions and help desk of partner organizations
- Support in promoting PSEA activities in accordance with the relevant policies
❖ Training and Capacity Building
- Conducting training sessions on women's rights, leadership skills, mediation, and the practical application of UNSCR 1325 for various target groups, including women victims of violence, students, and community members.
- Planning and preparing the necessary trainings.
❖ Legal Awareness and Advocacy
- Developing and distributing informative materials, including pamphlets, on women's rights in conflict and the legal implications of UN Resolution 1325.
- Collaborating with the project team to create "1325 corners" within the targeted universities to promote legal and gender awareness among students through peer-to-peer education.
❖ Strengthening Women's Participation
- Assisting in the organization of round tables and networking activities to engage stakeholders and strengthen support networks for the implementation of Resolution 1325.
❖ Legal Research and Documentation
- Conducting legal research related to women's rights, conflict resolution, and relevant legal frameworks.
- Contributing to the production of project reports, documents, and materials as needed.
- Planning and reviewing all plans and reports related to the legal activities during the project period.
- Preparing the working forms of the activities.
- Implementing field visits to ensure the quality of work.
- Holding periodic meetings to discuss and follow up the progress of work technically.
- Networking and coordinating with relevant partners and stakeholders.
- Effective documentation of project activities.
- Managing all inputs and outputs of women's activities and children's legal support activities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree in LAW, preferable in English.
- At least 3 years of experience in legal support and community work in non-governmental institutions.
- Proven experience in legal counseling, gender equality, and human rights.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent speaking and writing communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Excellent attention to details and strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with team members.
- Very organized and structured.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Good attitude and willingness to improve skills and knowledge.
Contract Duration : 4 Months
Starting Date: ASAP
If you feel you meet the requirements and have the necessary skills, please send your CV and cover letter in English to the following email: [email protected] , by maximum on Thursday 24/08/2023, 03:00 pm.
الرجاء على من تجد أنها تستوفي الشروط ولديها المهارات اللازمة إرسال السيرة الذاتية ورسالة تغطية باللغة الانجليزية على الإيميل التالي: [email protected] كحد أقصى يوم الخميس 24/08/2023، الساعة 03:00 مساءً.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
لن يتم النظر في الطلبات التي ترد بعد الموعد النهائي.