Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF has been present in Palestine since 2008 with two country offices in Ramallah and Gaza city. SIF West Bank focuses on marginalized and vulnerable communities and works in the West Bank governorates, trying to cover zones overlooked both by the authorities and other development agencies. The programs are covering three development areas: Childhood Protection, food security, Livelihood and Wash.
SIF West Bank Protection Program, implemented in 15 different villages and cities in the central West Bank, has contributed to the response to vulnerable children’s needs, promotion of children’s rights, and childhood safe environment through Child Friendly Spaces (CFS). The CFS component includes centres’ renovations, psycho-social support, training of social workers and assistance for parents, vocational trainings for orphans and income generating activities for orphans’ mothers and youth. SIF strives at raising awareness about ways of supporting children and youth and preventing all forms of violence, abuse and neglect.
Position: Protection Projects Officer (Full Time)
Responsible To: Protection Projects Manager
Location: Ramallah Office, with frequent trips
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
Type of Contract: Local Contract.
In the frame of its humanitarian mission in West Bank, The Protection Projects Officer will assist the Project Manager in the management of Protection program (situation analysis, development of projects, support to implementation, etc.). Moreover, the Officer will support the Project Manager in monitoring and tracking protection program, department projects, and ensure good processing and follow up of all projects coordination procedures, and will also be responsible of and manage the Community Developers in the protection department, and monitor & coordinate their work activities.
The tasks described here are not exhaustive or limited. Due to the nature of the mission and the organization, the Protection Projects Officer may be requested to perform further tasks related to his/her responsibilities here.
Objective 1: Contribute to the definition of SIF future interventions:
- Participate in field studies related to Protection;
- Keep up to date the information related to laws, regulation, rules and standards related to Protection, including through regular contact with public local authorities (particularly Ministries) and partners;
Support situation analyses: identification of data to be collected, tools to be used (e.g. focus groups, surveys, questionnaires, etc.), collection of data, data analysis together with the Manager and MEAL Department, etc.
- Participate in the definition of future project interventions, in line with protection standards, including budgeting;
- Contribute to proposal writing (log frame, project organigrams, chronograms, working with the Meal team at the Manager’s request);
- Support the Manager in designing Protection Approach Activities within the targeted communities and beneficiaries;
- Participate in clusters and workshops on Protection related topics at the manager’s request;
- Support the Manager in networking ; liaise with partners, including national and international NGOs and maintain regular and substantial contact with them;
Objective 2: Ensure the implementation of Protection projects activities:
- Responsible for the detailed planning and implementation of all projects’ activities, according to the expected progress of the projects’ work plans with the guidance and supervision of the Projects Manager (PM);
- Follow–up SIF projects’ activities in accordance to the defined milestones;
- Provide guidance and direction for effective implementation, in line with protection international and national standards;
- Work closely with project teams for developing and reviewing operational SOPs and tools for the implementation of activities;
- Coordinate with the Public Authorities, Village Councils, CBO’s, etc. by contacting them, organizing and conducting meetings when required;
- Participate effectively in the selection of CBOs/ SMEs/ Groups that might benefit from potential partnership ;
- Conduct field visits to SIF beneficiaries, other project stakeholders and partners;
- Coordinate the organization of the communication meetings for the beneficiaries or other project stakeholders (invitations, public, announcements, information tools to be used, etc.);
- Lead on the selection of the final beneficiaries in coordination with the Manager and MEAL department: define the methodology and set the criteria for selecting the beneficiaries, define the application forms for beneficiaries in collaboration with the Manager and MEAL department, check the databases are properly filled, organize the visit of the potential beneficiaries (conducted by the Community Developers), select the beneficiaries;
- Support in organizing and attend trainings and awareness sessions when required;
- Support the Manager in realizing proper financial forecasts and regularly check them in order to inform on time the supervisor of the possible delays impacting on the forecast;
- Regularly check and update the project timeline and share it with the Manager;
- Draft terms of reference (TOR) for projects related consultancies ;
- Work closely with inter-departmental functions, in particular Logistics, for projects implementation to ensure timely coordination,facilitate the work of the field team and ensure the efficient implementation of the activities planned;
- Conduct the coordination meetings and working groups with Partners under the supervision of the Manager and/or in the absence of the Manager;
- Establish and maintain good relationship and collaboration with partners to ensure an efficient implementation of all activities;
- Assists the SIF team in any other tasks and duties requested, and approved by the direct supervisor and/or the Program Manager.
Objective 3: Monitor and evaluate the projects activities:
- Participate in defining the monitoring tools together with the Manager, the Program Manager and the MEAL Department;
- Participate in designing the satisfaction surveys and other evaluation tools (pre-tests, post-tests, questionnaires, etc.);
- Ensure that the monitoring tools (trackers, databases, etc.) are regularly (weekly) and properly filled by the Community Developers;
- Conduct follow up field visits to different project’s locations in the West Bank, and meet with beneficiaries and other stakeholders (partners/community representatives, etc.) to monitor the progress in the implementation of the activities and give appropriate directions regarding opportunities and problems encountered to the field team in order to adjust collectively the activities implementation if needed;
- Hold planning and progress review meetings with government counterparts and other relevant partners.
- Make sure the system is in place for the partners and beneficiaries for feedback.
- Assess and monitor other NGO interventions to avoid overlapping.
- Complete evaluation reports;
- Archive all the data including activity reports, assessments, completion reports, pictures, IEC material etc. in line with data protection policies.
- Support in organizing and participate in lessons learnt sessions and share recommendations on the improvement of the projects activities already implemented or to be implemented.
Objective 4: Manage the Community Developers:
- Plan and organize the daily tasks of the Community Developers and validate their weekly and monthly plans and reports;
- Provide technical support and assistance to projects teams in planning, implementation, quality reporting based on technical instructions from the Projects Manager and the Programs Manager;
- Identify the capacity building needs for the Community Developers and propose trainings and workshops; and conduct training for them if required;
- Evaluate the team on a regular basis;
- Participate in the recruitment of staff by reviewing the job descriptions, support in defining technical tests and interviews, evaluate the candidates and participate in the selection;
- Responsible for induction of new project staff, ensuring their familiarity with SIF’s mandate, values, Quality Standards, policies and program objectives and their individual responsibilities in upholding these standards and policies;
- Ensure a good communication – coordination – information level of each member of his/her team through regular coordination meetings and report to the protection projects Manager;
- Ensure feedback mechanism about issues arising in the field;
- Provide prompt response to questions and clarifications to the problems raised by the protection team including the Community Developers;
- Monitor the team in implementing their tasks and share with the project manager recommendations in order to improve the team’s work;
- Monitor and follow the team’s work and plans on a regular basis.
Objective 5: Reporting and ensuring accountability:
- Complete and share field visits reports with the Manager;
- Provide regular reporting on his/her activities and weekly updates to the Protection projects Manager;
- Centralize all information gathered in the field and consolidate quantitative and qualitative monthly activity reports (SITREP);
- Write relevant technical reports analysing the data collected;
- Ensure beneficiaries data protection by implementing proper procedures;
- Collect feedback from the field (local authorities, community members, beneficiaries, partners, etc.) and ensure to answer back to any question received;
- Report on time both oral and in written to the supervisor if some problems or delays occur and propose alternative solutions;
- Prepare/write work plans, intervention models, and support production of annual narrative and financial reports as required by Projects Manager ;
- Support in collating, drafting, editing and submitting reports to the Manager for review and final submission to donors as necessary.
- University degree in human sciences or related relevant field such as Psychology, Pedagogy, social sciences, and project management or any related field of study;
- At least four years of relevant professional experience in the field of protection, child protection, social work, and social protection in INGO’s, or NGO’s or institutions conducting humanitarian work;
- Knowledge of project cycle management and logical framework methodology;
- Knowledge of protection standards, in particular child protection standards;
- Previous experience of project management and working with national partner organizations;
- Knowledge of community based interventions, social cohesion and gender sensitive programs;
- Experience in M&E and beneficiary accountability; experience of conducting and managing MEAL activities (e.g. questionnaires, surveys and Focus Groups);
- Proven experience of managing and supporting staff;
- Good command of procurement procedures and practice;
- Ability to write clear, well founded and substantiated project reports and assessments in English;
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Proven financial and administrative management skills;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and supervisory skills;
- Commitment and punctuality;
- Cultural awareness;
- Ability to work in multicultural environments;
- Good knowledge of the West Bank;
- Flexibility and capacity to work effectively beyond working hours when necessary;
- Team spirit, patient, flexible, open minded, sociable, great sense of responsibility, rigor and ethics.
- Relevant professional background in livelihoods fields is an important asset;
- Driving license.
Submit a resume in English only (word or PDF), and a cover letter, including three professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to [email protected] . Incomplete applications will not be considered. The e-mail subject line MUST include the exact name of the position. Deadline to apply is May 18, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit only by email.