Head of Mission Palestine
CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
Position: Head of Mission Palestine M/F
Duration: One year, renewable
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Number: (Ref # 05/2023)
The main responsibilities will be the following (evolving and non-exhaustive)
Based in Ramallah, the Head of Mission provides the overall leadership and strategic direction and coordination of SIF operations in Palestine, including Gaza and West bank territories.
He/she is responsible for:
- Supervise the overall program development and program implementation;
- Management and coordination of the Human Resources in the country
- Guaranteeing the respect of SIF procedures, policies and best practices,
- Representing the SIF toward local authorities, and the different stakeholders (donors, local NGOs …)
- Identifying and securing institutional donor’s funding
- Develop and maintain SIF emergency response
- Safety and security of the mission,
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum 5 years of Previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Country Director, Deputy Head of Mission, or Chief of Party with INGOs in a similar context, preferably in Palestine
- Substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Extensive experience of securing substantial external funding. Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for program management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (extensive experience managing national staff)
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Strong initiative, and self-directed mindset.
- Ability to understand and analyze cultural and political environment and to work well with diverse partners and local authorities.
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management
- An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values
Position based in Ramallah with regular travels to the field in all West Bank governorates and exceptional travels (based on the need) to SIF Gaza Strip Office if possible and respecting specific travel requirements.
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings only in English, and as a word or PDF document:
- CV and motivation letter with the name of the position and Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 15.11.2023 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
SIF commits to respect the “Do no harm” humanitarian principle and ensure child safety is paramount in all its activities. SIF implements a Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) at headquarters and in every mission. We do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with vulnerable people, in particular with children join our organization.
This position is subject to a range of vetting checks including criminal records disclosure and reference checks. We have zero tolerance for harmful practices and will take any allegation or report of child abuse very seriously.
Sending emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer