CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND:
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
Reporting to: Programs Manager
Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Reference Number: (Ref # 01/2023)
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION:
The role of the Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Project Manager West Bank is to manage, monitor and track the PARC project co-funded by AFD and implemented with two local partners, and ensure effective follow-up and application of standard projects coordination and implementation procedures. The role of the FSL Project Manager will also involve coordination, oversight and coaching of the PARC project team in technical aspects of implementation and will ensure that all work plans are prepared and implemented according to schedule. The FSL Project Manager will also be responsible to define SIF future interventions and strategies in the fields of FSL and in regards to the continuity of this project.
- Adhere to SIF policies, guidance, and procedures;
- Lead the launching and implementation of the PARC project, including procedures, guidelines and tools;
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development and logical framework design;
- Advise management on the FSL staffing, resourcing and budgeting;
- Lead the planning and execution of MEAL activities in the PARC project, with the support of the MEAL department;
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned, and reports;
- Provide capacity building and training of program and support staff as well as of partner organizations on the project related areas;
- Ensure effective knowledge sharing within the base;
- Participate to ensure that cross-cutting issues are implemented and reflected in the project with special focus on protection mainstreaming, gender, governance and child safeguarding.
A. Ensure the successful implementation of the PARC project activities:
- Participate in the elaboration of the project: assessments, baseline survey, ex-ante microeconomic analyses and detailed activities.
- Set strategies and operational measures to effectively implement the activities and define alternative initiatives if issues are encountered and to provide technical solutions;
- Define projects timelines, provide technical guidance and ensure regular update together with the FSL Officer;
- Define the planning of the activities according to the expected progress of the project;
- Realize proper financial forecasts, monitor and approve budget expenditures on SIF activities and oversee effective financial management of the all project grants and activities;
- Participate in the elaboration of the project procurement plan with SIF logistics departments and the partners, according to the thresholds and procurement processes and ensure the provision of needed documents for the procurement such as technical specifications and consultancy ToRs;
- Work closely with inter-departmental functions for project management to ensure timely coordination and compliance around various stages in the project cycle management;
- Conduct the selection of the locations and beneficiaries and define the selection methodology and criteria with the support of the MEAL department;
- Coordinate the project activities with the two implementing partners and monitor the partner’s activities progress;
- Ensure all the coordination with government stakeholders;
- Report regularly the hierarchical link of project progress or/and other important facts about the project and propose for alternative solutions if issues occurs;
- Guarantee that the data is maintained in an accurate and confidential manner.
B. Monitor and evaluate the PARC project:
- Supervise the smooth implementation of project activities;
- Conduct regular field visits to beneficiaries and other stakeholders (Village Council representatives, partners etc.) in order to monitor the progress in the implementation of the activities and give appropriate directions to the FSL Officer;
- Develop forms and records to document project activities;
- Develop monitoring and reporting mechanisms on a variety of levels e.g. formal data collection for advocacy, qualitative measures for project development, information for donor reports, etc.
- Maintain documentation of each activity in an orderly manner and guarantee that every activity has clear documentation to measure the impact, the indicators and the progress of the project;
- Participate to the establishment and operation of the feedback and complaint response mechanism in coordination with the MEAL department;
- Organize and lead lessons learnt sessions and share recommendation on the improvement of the project activities already implemented or to be implemented;
- Participate to weekly meetings with the Programs Manager;
- Participate in the writing of project interim and final reports;
- Complete the monthly SITREP and other relevant internal reporting tool.
C. Manage the FSL Officer:
- Ensure daily management of the FSL Officer;
- Identify the capacity building needs for the FSL Officer and propose trainings and workshops;
- Ensure exchange experiences between team members in order to motivate the staff, inspire a sense of teamwork and involve the FSL Officer in the decision making process;
- Ensure a good communication – coordination – information level of the FSL Officer through weekly and monthly coordination meetings;
- Participate in the recruitment of new staff by reviewing the job descriptions, defining technical tests and interviews, evaluate the candidates and participate to the selection.
D. Contribute in establishing and strengthen local partnerships:
- Sensitize local partners in the field, organize and participate in review meetings with SIF partners;
- Lead the relations with SIF partners on the project;
- Follow the partnership outputs in order to capitalize the lessons learnt and contribute to the elaboration of new strategies;
- Maintain regular and substantial contact with relevant national and international NGOs working in the field of FSL to ensure the success of the current project;
- Participate in clusters meeting and workshops related to FSL;
- Exchange non confidential data with other local and international partners.
E. Define the strategic orientation of the project:
- Conduct situation analysis, needs assessments and field technical studies related to the project and develop the tools to be used (eg. focus groups, surveys, questionnaires, etc.) with the support of the MEAL Department;
- Check and validate the data collected and manage the data analysis in order to articulate adequate proposals;
- Contribute to define future project interventions including budgeting, drafting logical framework, project organogram chart, chronogram and writing proposal;
- Contact public local authorities (particularly Ministries) and partners to be constantly updated regarding laws, regulation and rules related to FSL.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
KNOWLEDGE / STUDIES:
- University degree in agriculture, agronomy or other related relevant field;
- Master Degree in agricultural engineering or other related relevant field;
- Knowledge of project cycle.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in NGOs or institutions conducting humanitarian work;
- Previous experience of project cycle management and proposal writing;
- Previous experience with AFD projects is an asset;
- Knowledge of community based interventions, social cohesion and gender sensitive programs;
- Demonstrated results-based management and leadership skills, including monitoring and reporting, managing budgets, as well as database management;
- Substantial experience with farmers and cooperative organizations;
- Experience in consultation and liaison with government and non-governmental officials;
- Ability to write clear, well founded and substantiated project reports and assessments;
- Experience in M&E and beneficiary accountability is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational and work planning skills, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high volume work environment with tight deadlines;
- Ability to plan activities and to set clearly defined objectives and high levels of quality/ productivity for self, own team or department;
- Experience in proactively identifying issues and proven problem solving skills;
- Strong personal ethics (confidentiality, impartiality, non-discrimination, integrity);
- Interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to adapt;
Position based in Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine with:
- Regular travels to the field in all West Bank governorates expected, respecting specific travel requirements
- Exceptional travels (based on the need) to Gaza base expected, if possible and respecting specific travel requirements
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings only in English, and as a word or PDF document:
- Motivation letter with the name of the position and Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 04:00 p.m. on the February 19th 2023 to the following e-mail address:
Sending emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
SIF commits to respect the “Do no harm” humanitarian principle and ensure child safety is paramount in all its activities. SIF implements a Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) at headquarters and in every mission. We do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with vulnerable people, in particular with children join our organization.
This position is subject to a range of vetting checks including criminal records disclosure and reference checks. We have zero tolerance for harmful practices and will take any allegation or report of child abuse very seriously.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer