CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
Reporting to: West Bank Logistics Manager
Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Reference Number: (Ref # 07/2022)
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Driver is under the supervision of Logistics Manager, he is responsible for transporting staff to specified field work destinations, and he will work in close cooperation with SIF teams as following: -
Objective 1: Transport people and equipment under good security conditions:
- Drive the official vehicle in a safe manner;
- Respect the country’s circulation rules and SIF driving protocols and follow the logistician’s planning and instructions, when transporting SIF employees,
- Follow the instructions of the manufacturer and the SIF rules when using the vehicle;
- Keep all personal documents as well as those of the vehicle with you and check that they are valid;
- Ensure vehicle log book is updated at every trip and signed by passenger appropriately;
- Maintain an accurate track record of all vehicle movements, maintenance and repairs in accordance with SIF policies and procedures;
- Pick up supplies for the office;
- Collect items related to program procurement and delivery;
- Deliver mail as needed to beneficiaries, ministries, partners, insurance, and other institutions as instructed.
Objective 2: Ensure maintenance of the vehicle:
- Solve minor technical problems;
- Inform the logistics department of any major repairs to be carried out;
- Carry out daily checks before starting up the motor;
- Note down fuel consumption in the record book in the morning and at the end of the day as well as any information concerning the maintenance of the vehicle;
- Check the security and safety equipment are in place and ready to use;
- Ensure that the Procurement and Logistics Manager or his/her designate is kept up to date of all routine maintenance and repair needs for the vehicle;
- Clean the vehicle regularly to ensure vehicle are kept neat at all times.
Objective 3: Prepare departures to the field:
- Inspect and prepare the vehicle the day before departure so as to be on time;
- Prepare additional equipment to be brought along according to needs (fuel, stickers, flags, tools and medical kit).
Objective 4: Give support to the Logistics Manager
- Provide support to Logistics Manager in some basic Logistics and Procurements tasks (collect prices on the market, check the samples and any other tasks as requested by the Logistics Manager and/or the Log Assistant);
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
The task list is neither exhaustive nor restrictive and is evolving according to the needs of the organization. The employee may be required to carry out other assignments related to his or her qualification. Being an association with limited resources, versatility and flexibility are necessary in order to overcome any difficulty temporary and exceptional.
The management may thus ask any employee to perform tasks outside this job description and corresponding to your qualification or to be available during campaign periods, outside the working hours and/or days of the employment contract, in compliance with the legislation in force
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in the field of driving vehicles with valid driving license and clean driving record;
- Working experience within international humanitarian organizations;
- Ability to work within a team and bear the pressure of work as well as work after working hours;
- Ability to deal with people with different backgrounds, cultures;
- Ability to undertake regular travel to program sites in West Bank;
- Demonstrated commitment to working as part of a team, in a support role;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines under pressure, and to complete work with high quality and attention to details;
- Very good written and spoken Arabic & English;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel).
Travels to the field in all West Bank governorates
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings only in English, and as a word or PDF document:
- CV and motivation letter with the name of the position and Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 04:00 p.m. on the 27/09/2022 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
SIF commits to respect the “Do no harm” humanitarian principle and ensure child safety is paramount in all its activities. SIF implements a Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) at headquarters and in every mission. We do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with vulnerable people, in particular with children join our organization.
This position is subject to a range of vetting checks including criminal records disclosure and reference checks. We have zero tolerance for harmful practices and will take any allegation or report of child abuse very seriously.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer