Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF intervenes around the world through operations of emergency relief, rehabilitation and development. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
In the frame of its humanitarian mission in West Bank, The Protection Projects Manager will manage the protection projects department, and will monitor and tracking protection programs department projects & ensure a good processing and follow up of all projects coordination procedures to insure work success, and will also be responsible to define SIF future interventions and strategy in the fields of Protection.
The tasks described here are not exhaustive or limited. Due to the nature of the mission and the organization, the Protection Projects Manager may be requested to perform further tasks related to his/her responsibilities here.
Define SIF future interventions and strategy in the fields of Protection ensuring gender mainstreaming in future projects:
- Supervise technical aspects of Protection projects;
- Coordinate and validate field technical studies related to Protection;
- Contact public local authorities (particularly Ministries) and partners to be constantly updated regarding laws, regulation and rules related to Protection;
- Lead in identifying the data to be collected for need assessments and support the MEAL Officer in the definition of the tools to be used (eg. focus groups, surveys, questionnaires, etc.);
- Lead in the completion of need assessments in collaboration with the PC;
- Check and validate the data collected and manage the data analysis with the support of the Protection Officer in order to articulate adequate proposals;
- Contribute to define future project interventions including budgeting, drafting logical frameworks, project organogram charts, chronograms and writing proposals.
Ensure the successful implementation of the Protection project activities:
- Ensure random follow-up visits to SIF beneficiaries, other project stakeholders and partners;
- Validate and be responsible for projects timelines and ensure regular update together with the Protection Officer;
- Validate the planning of the activities according to the expected progress of the project;
- Validate the final selection of the beneficiaries including the methodology and the criteria for selecting them;
- Hierarchical link is fully aware and reported of project progress or/and other important facts about the project;
Monitor and evaluate Protection projects:
- Supervise the smooth implementation of projects activities in cooperation with the Programme Coordinator;
- Realize proper financial forecasts and regularly check them in order to inform on time the Program coordinator of the possible delays impacting on them;
- Coordinate with Logistics and Finance department to ensure the efficient implementation of the activities planned;
- Share payment requests with Logistic and Finance departments.
- Conduction of field visits to beneficiaries and other stakeholders (Village Council representatives, etc.) in order to monitor the progress in the implementation of the activities and give appropriate directions to the Protection team;
- Close monitoring of the key phases of the projects (opening, modifications, evaluations, closure);
- Support the MEAL Officer in defining the monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Regularly check the monitoring tools (trackers, databases, etc.) in order to follow the progress of the activities implemented;
- Organize and lead lessons learnt sessions and share recommendation on the improvement of the projects activities already implemented or to be implemented;
- Participate to weekly meeting with the Program Coordinator;
- Report on time both oral and in written to the supervisor if some problems or delays occurs and propose for alternative solutions;
- Complete the monthly SITREP;
- Write relevant technical reports analyzing the data collected with the support of the Protection Officer;
- Prepare institutional donors reports under the supervision of the Program Coordinator;
- Participate in collecting feedback from the field (local authorities, community members, beneficiaries, partners, etc.) and ensure to answer back to any question received and/or that the field team is properly addressing these questions/requests.
Manage the Protection department team:
- Plan and organize the daily tasks of the Protection Officer and validate his/her weekly plan and report; be constantly informed also on the tasks of the Community Developers and ask for changes and clarifications on their plans if needed;
- Organize regular meeting with the Protection team;
- Identify the capacity building needs for the Protection team and propose trainings and workshops;
- Evaluate the Protection Officer on a regular base;
- Ensure exchange experiences between team members in order to motivate the staff, inspire a sense of teamwork and involve each member in the decision making process.;
- Participate in the recruitment of new staff by reviewing the job descriptions, defining technical tests and interviews, evaluate the candidates and participate to the selection;
- Support the Protection team by ensuring that achievable, measurable and realistic objectives have been set up.
Contribute in establishing and strengthen local partnerships:
- Sensitize local partners in the field: organize and participate in review meetings with SIF partners;
- Follow the partnership outputs in order to capitalize the lessons learnt and contribute to the elaboration of new strategies;
- Maintain regular and substantial contact with relevant national and international NGOs working in the field of Protection to ensure the success of Protection current projects;
- Propose possible new partners for future SIF projects
- Participate in clusters meeting and workshops related to Protection;
- Exchange data with other local and international partners.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Knowledge of community-based interventions, social cohesion and gender sensitive programs;
- Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability;
- Experience in proposal writing;
- Experience in the field;
- Good knowledge of West Bank Nature;
- Driving license;
- University degree in human sciences or related relevant field such as Psychology, Pedagogy, social sciences; and project management, Administration.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in INGO’s, OR NGO’s or institutions conducting humanitarian work;
- Knowledge of project cycle management and logical framework methodology;
- Ability to work in multicultural environments;
- Previous experience of project management and working with national partner organizations;
- Knowledge of community based interventions, social cohesion and gender sensitive programs;
- Proven financial and administrative management skills;
- Good command of procurement procedures and practice; Ability to write clear, well founded and substantiated project reports and assessments in English;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- Flexibility and capacity to work effectively beyond working hours;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and supervisory skills;
- Commitment and punctuality;
- Cultural awareness;
- Good knowledge of West Bank nature
- Qualities: team spirit, patient, flexible, open minded, sociable, great sense of responsibility.
Submit a resume in English only (word or PDF), and a cover letter, including three professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The e-mail subject line MUST include exact position. Deadline to apply is Thursday December 20th, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit only by email.