Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion - HI -), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Area Manager, the project manager contributes to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion in Palestine mission. S/he is responsible for implementing his/her project. S/he ensures optimal quality and the impact of the project implemented by means of a delegation system with appropriate oversight mechanisms. With all the other HI managers, the project manager shares responsibility for the sound management and effective functioning of the global organisation.
Mission 1: Management
- Manager as a role model: embody HI's values on a daily basis, and be a role model.
- Manager as a coach for meaning: understand the strategy, make it explicit, translate it into operational objectives for his / her team, lead the necessary changes. Give meaning to each management action. Encourage inter and intra departmental
- Exchanges of practice. Encourage innovation and risk-taking.
- Operational manager: organise the operational management of his or her team, structure the work around identified processes, steer performance and facilitate the resolution of problems.
- Organize the recruitment of his/her team with the support of the HR team
- First HR & Coach: contribute to the development of his /her staff, creating the conditions for their commitment, professionalism and attachment to HI. Ensure compliance with the code of conduct and institutional policies, the mindset and expected individual and collective behaviour.
Mission 2: Strategy and steering
Provide the expertise necessary to the project activities
- Make sure that the activities implemented follow the relevant sectorial norms and standards
- If necessary, adapt the project documentation according to sectorial norms and standards
- With the support of the technical specialists, organize and lead the technical trainings for his/her team and relevant stakeholders
- Is responsible for the quality and the relevance of the project activities in his/her field of expertise
- Ensure that lessons learnt from previous projects are taken into account and to put in place good practices
- Make sure that the specialists team receive the appropriate information and collaborate with the team
- Adapt the activities following recommendations of audits if necessary
Participate in the sectorial working groups and clusters
- Manage the relationship with the technical authorities and local technical partners and relevant stakeholders
- Establish and maintain good relationship with stakeholders and ensure regular communication on the project achievements
- In coordination with the Area Manager, ensure the participation to sectorial working groups and relevant clusters
Mission 3: Strategy and steering
- Contribute to the development of the programme’s operational strategy
- Contribute to programme or country operational strategy (StratOp).
- Draft new project proposals for the continuity or expansion of the project.
- Contribute to the drafting of new proposals for new opportunities, if necessary.
Mission 4: Operational implementation
Responsibility 1: Ensure the implementation of the project, in line with the logical framework and allocated budget
- Steer the project’s intervention strategy and put forward adjustments if the objectives change or if it is likely that they will not be met.
- Ensure that activities and the associated resources are planned, and implement the action plan.
- Ensure that activities are implemented in line with the project proposal and the allocated budget.
- Ensure project reporting, internally (within the programme) and externally (reporting to funding bodies, authorities and/or partners
- Undertake expenditure and manage the project activity-specific budget lines according to the delegation he/she received based on the programme signature delegation table
- Prepare and manage partnerships with the project implementation partners
- Guarantee the proper archiving of information.
Responsibility 2: Ensure that project implementation complies with the existing frameworks
- Ensure the proper implementation and follow-up of institutional policies (specifically PME, PSEAH and Age-Gender-. Disability policies) and the other HI internal standards.
- Ensure compliance with the terms of the project proposal and the rules applied by the project funding body/bodies.
- Ensure compliance with global technical standards and norms by communicating and by involving the technical specialists and advisors with expertise in the project themes.
Responsibility 3: Ensure project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
- Ensure project monitoring, specifically activity progress indicators and the expected outcomes.
- Develop and implement the project evaluation plan.
- Ensure that the project is accountable to the local stakeholders
- Ensure project learning, taking into account lessons learned from similar previous projects, following the recommendations made throughout the project (from evaluations, support missions, audits, etc.), and capitalizing on the acquired knowledge.
Responsibility 4: Ensure project data management
- Ensure that the appropriate data collection and management tools are in place on the project, in line with global standards.
- Ensure that data related to the project is collected and compiled in the project database.
- Carry out regular checks and makes any necessary corrections to the activity database.
Responsibility 5: Coordinate the teams involved in the project
- Facilitate coordination meetings between his/her direct team and the support services located in the area when necessary.
- Ensure that his/her team and the support teams (shared and technical services, in particular) work well together in order to facilitate the implementation of the project in the country.
- Facilitate the project steering committee.
Responsibility 6: Contribute to external project communication
- Contribute to HI’s external influence by taking part in networks, when required.
- Communicate about the project to partners, authorities and stakeholders when relevant.
Mission 5: Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Lead the emergency preparedness actions in his/her department and, in the event of an emergency, reorganize the priorities of his/her team according to the humanitarian priority, in order to ensure a quick and efficient response by HI
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Educational background required
- University degree in the field of expertise of the project or in development studies
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years practical experience in managing project (preferably in protection)
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years practical experience in managing staff
- Minimum of 3 -5 years practical experience in emergency response
- Experience in disaster risk reduction programming and implementation.
- Strong coordination capacities of a variety of actors and support to create task forces experience in health is a strong asset
- Minimum of 4 years practical experience in working with vulnerable group
- Proven experience in proposal writing
- Excellent skills in reports wiriting especially in English.
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
The candidate or his/her representative must let the HR representative know that s/he needs an adjustment or change at the test and the interview for a reason related to a medical condition by sending a request for accommodation at the email mentioned below.
By applying to this position, you grant HI’s recruitment team your consent to perform a reference check on you with respect to the misconduct disclosure scheme.
Initial National contract will be for a period of 10 months, it is subject to be renewed based on availability of funds.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer.
It welcomes applications from persons with disabilities and is ready to provide reasonable accommodation for their specific needs.
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before Nov 9, 2023 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Protection Project Manager- West Bank) in the subject line of your e-mail application. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.