Position: Project Technical Assistant
Contract duration: 6 months renewable (3 months probation)
Location: Ramallah / Palestine
Starting Date 1st Feb 2021
I-Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-orientated working environment.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of communities, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks a Project Technical Assistant for its humanitarian operations in Palestine.
The Technical Assistant’s role is to assist the project supervisor in delivering support to families living in dire conditions in the West Bank, primarily in Area C. This will entail overseeing the ACTED technical assessments and overall implementation of ACTED programs, based on the need identified by the project supervisor.
- Technical Assistance (Program)
- Prepare technical drawings on ‘’Autocad’’ or other tool, as preferred.
- Responsible to conduct field technical assessments to assure the standard quality of materials to be provided (specifications and installation).
- Verify that the construction works are corresponding to the design, and the quality of the installed materials meets the desired standards.
- Support the project supervisor in the structural design of houses eligible for project support
- Field Work and implementation (Program)
- Complete beneficiary assessment forms as stipulated in project tools
- Review and compare ACTED and OCHA assessments to ensure compatibility Keep in touch with the beneficiaries after the emergency response and update the emergency project supervisor of any urgent matters.
- Ensure smooth cooperation with ACTED partners and maintain systematic lines of communication.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 2 year experience in relevant field with good skills to implement and manage quality control on different programs.
- Ability to write reports and follow-up execution of projects’ activities.
- Very good knowledge of West Bank villages and ability of movement in the field.
- Able to commit to flexible working hours and willing to travel whenever necessary.
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure, ability to take initiative, make decisions, monitor and evaluate. Capable in planning and problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments & meet deadlines with willingness to travel to the field independently
- Very good in written & spoken English/ Arabic with technical report writing
- Valid Driving license (with clean record) is compulsory
- Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are invited to send CV, and three references (in English) no later than January 9th , 2021 to: ([email protected]), indicating the position (Project Technical Assistant) in the subject line.
The selection committee will review all applications as they are received. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be received.