Position: Project Supervisor
Contract duration: 7 months (3 months probation)
Starting Date: ASAP
Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-oriented working environment.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks a Project Supervisor to support the implementation of its project in Gaza titled “Strengthening community-based preparedness and emergency response in the Middle Area, Khan Younis and Rafah governorates” which aims to increase and strengthen community preparedness for the local communities through emergency NFIs prepositioning and community-capacity-building.
- Develop overall project implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials.
- Organize project kick-off and close-out meetings.
- Plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives.
Project Implementation Follow-up:
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation.
- Organize regular project coordination meetings with project team.
- Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed at least once a month as per work plan.
- Ensure project implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts.
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with relevant ACTED technical guidelines and standards.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation.
- Regular update the work plan, output tracker, PMF and other documents relevant for effective project management.
- Ensure that accurate and up-to date programmatic documentation is maintained.
- Ensure involvement or formation of Community Committees in areas where shelter programs are implemented.
- Identify staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and contribute to capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Review the BFU(s) and provide accurate forecasts with BOQs.
- Forecast monthly cash requirements of the project and submit to the line manager
- Contribute to the development of Procurement plans.
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner.
- Contribute to quality checks and procurement committees to finalize suppliers’ selection according to applicable scenario.
- Confirm quality of material selection if and when applicable.
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks.
- Plan team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies.
- Participate in the recruitment of technical staff (development of organigrams, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc).
- Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities.
- Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the project staff.
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with the line manager.
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics.
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management.
- Manage interpersonal conflicts.
- Ensure capacity building among staff in relevant sectors.
- Ensure project records and documents ( beneficiary list, attendance sheets etc) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures.
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation.
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings.
- Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- Where relevant, liaise with donors and work closely with partners on project updates, site visits and other communication.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others.
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of project activities.
- Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and decision making.
- Advise on, and assist with, project reviews conducted by AMEU.
- Ensure quality control, analysis of added-value and impact, identification and capitalization on best practices and lessons learnt and provide relevant feedback for new project development.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, development studies or any other relevant field.
- Minimum 4 year experience in relevant field; proven experience in managing similar projects
- Previous work experience with NGOs / INGOs is a plus.
- Ability to write reports and follow-up execution of projects’ activities.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and management is a plus.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to commit to flexible working hours and willing to travel whenever necessary.
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure, ability to take initiative, make decisions, monitor and evaluate. Capable in planning and problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments & meet deadlines with willingness to travel to the field independently.
- Very good in written & spoken English/ Arabic with technical report writing.
- Valid driving license, and comfortable for frequent travels.
- Very good computer skills, fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
المسمى الوظيفي Project Supervisor
آخر موعد للتقديم 12 - Jan - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 4 Years
Interested candidates are invited to send CV, Cover letter and three references (in English) no later than January 12th, 2021 to: ([email protected]), indicating the position (Project Supervisor) in the subject line.
The selection committee will review all applications as they are received.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be received.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة ACTED NGO
Senior Logistics Officer
رام الله والبيرة
Project Technical Assistant
رام الله والبيرة
28, Dec, 2020
15, Dec, 2020
WASH Assistant - CDC
2, Nov, 2020
WASH Project Supervisor
2, Nov, 2020
رام الله والبيرة
22, Oct, 2020
رام الله والبيرة
17, Aug, 2020
Junior Project Officer
28, May, 2020