Project Officer Re-Advertised
The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is an international organization that is committed to social justice, peace, and humanitarian services. Its work is based on the belief in the worth of every person to overcome violence and injustice.
The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) Ramallah, Palestine Country office is seeking a qualified local candidate to work on program implementation in Jerusalem.
SCOPE OF WORK: under the overall supervision and management of the Palestine Program Manager, the Project Officer is responsible for the operational humanitarian response and strategy, the implementation and programming of AFSC activities in Jerusalem. This includes administrative supervision, budget management, grant compliance and local partner relations. The ideal candidate can identify the population’s needs and the humanitarian issues at stake. He/She is able to prioritize, coordinate, and work effectively in a stressful environment.
- Map, assess and identify partners in Jerusalem to implement the priorities of the Jerusalem Program.
- Prepares and leads the implementation of project activities from existing operational plans.
- Works closely with partner staff on executing the activities in each project location.
- Oversees the implementation of large project events such as conferences and gatherings.
- Develops and strengthens understanding of our project management cycle with project staff and partners.
- Compiles reports received from partners and submits monthly activity reports to PM.
- Completes monthly budget projections and tracks expenditures.
- Participates in budget planning and tracks activity expenses against cash projections.
- Procures project equipment (in coordination with Logistics Officer/Assistant where applicable), within authorization levels set in the In-Field Authorization Levels policy.
- Coordinates facility upgrades based on the needs of the project site.
- Monitors security situation in project location and reports to the PM.
Networking, representation, and partnership building
- Share activity plans with local NGOs, CBOs (community-based organizations) and looks for synergies and opportunities to work together.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with concerned line ministries.
- Ensures Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) implementation and agreements with partner organizations.
- Coordinates planning meetings with partners and represents AFSC in various platforms.
- Conducts assessment surveys to determine the NGOs that AFSC could partner with and initiates partnerships.
- Ensures partners are in compliance with AFSC Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding policy.
Monitoring and reporting
- Visits project locations to oversee activities, events and collect information to report on project outcomes.
- Works with partner organizations to develop their understanding of AFSC’s monitoring and evaluation system as it relates to reporting project activities.
- Ensures accurate collection and timely quantitative and qualitative monitoring information submission according to AFSC monitoring tools.
- Submits regular reports to PM and occasionally external stakeholders including partners and donors.
- Provides quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to the project team, stakeholders, and the PM.
Perform other duties as assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, international relations, development, social sciences, or another related field.
- Excellent professional record of accomplishment with at least three years’ experience in project administration, programming and project development, community work, programs, youth empowerment, education programs, and human rights.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong development and team-building skills.
- Knowledge of the context and the culture in Jerusalem.
- Computer literacy in Outlook, MS Word, and Excel.
- Understand the project management cycle.
- Effective report writing and analytical skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English.
Working Environment, and Travel: These positions are based in Jerusalem with the possibility of travel to other countries in the region.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV along with a cover letter to the email: [email protected]
Please indicate JE PO 23 in the email subject. Emails without the subject of this title will not be qualified
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be qualified.