· In charge of the process of Program annual budgeting and planning in conjunction with the Regional Finance Admin Manager (RFM) and Country Representative (CR) ; prepare country project plans and budgets with the Program staff; monitor progress (BVA) and changes; and keep the country team and RFM abreast of the Program’s financial status.
· Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner. Provide the RFM, CR and/or program staff, monthly general ledger, asset reports and BVA reports.
· Communicate monthly and annual financial statements; generate financial reporting materials for all donor segments ensuring sound grants accounting.
· Implement the monthly closing process for Account Payables and General Ledger for the country office accounts
· Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing schedule is adhered, and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
· Manage Country office’s cash flow and forecasting in collaboration with program team in the country
· Coordinate the annual country and grants audit process, liaise with external auditors under supervision of RFM
· Ensure that country staff are aware of the AFSC rules and procedures for budget and accounting using the AFSC regional finance manual, and AFSC finance directives as a guide
· Support AFSC local partner organizations to fulfil the financial management requirements of partnership with AFSC in collaboration with program directors/staff and conduct field visits to support partners
Accounting and documentation
· Performs three-way match in comparing invoice with purchase order and goods received note before processing any payment.
· Control the accounting of the country office. review all financial transactions. Check accuracy and integrity of all general ledger reports and bank reconciliations before review and approvals in accordance with the AFSC finance manual.
· Ensures that all payments are processed on time.
· Prepare Country Payroll monthly and liaise with tax advisor and banks.
· Performs monthly petty cash count as well as petty cash spot checks
· Oversees routine banking services including collecting bank statements, making bank transfers depositing, and withdrawing cash.
· planning and forecast cash needs.
· Responsible for filling all financial documentation for cash and expense management for the duty station as per the filing standards of AFSC Middle East Finance.
· Timely review of the field Activity Financial Reports (verifying the coding, arithmetical accuracy, documentation, authorization) and subsequent feedback to ensure timely submission to Regional Finance Manager.
· Work with RFM on Preparing financial reports and forecasts as requested.
· Maintain track of the leaves record
· Maintain track of the Assets record.
· Ensure accuracy and completeness of staff files
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have)
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
5 years’ experience in accounting.
- COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadline
- Very detailed oriented
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Ability to travel outside of the country for long periods
- Ability to work with staff at all levels
- TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel and Word
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of accounting and Human Resources practice, policies and procedures
Fluency in spoken and written English. Fluency in spoken Arabic is required.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through [email protected] or Apply Now-button below