War Child established its presence in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in 2006 with activities in the West Bank and Gaza, first with an office in Jerusalem, and then in 2009 opened an office in the Gaza Strip after Operation Cast Lead. War Child works with local specialized organizations, community-based organizations, schools and families to protect children from harm and support their psychosocial wellbeing - through integrated child protection, psychosocial support and education interventions.
WCH will be implementing a two years project named “Upholding children's Right to education in oPt” that employ a comprehensive approach to promote inclusion, quality, equity, safety and access to education for children in marginalized Palestinian communities. The Project Officer (PO) will lead the implementation of War Child activities in Gaza including this project activities, in close cooperation with WCH implementing partner/s.
The PO main contribution is to assuring the quality of the project implementation, including: the following up on the progress of activities, documentation, reporting, Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) processes and networking.
Role in the organisation
Title: Project Officer
Reports to: Projects Coordinator
Location: Gaza Strip
Contract Duration: One year with three months’ probation period starting from January 2022 (Could be extended for one more year based on employee’s performance.)
Essential functional relations: MEAL Unit, Regional Education Advisor, in-country CP and MHPSS advisor, Operations Department mainly the Finance Officer, Procurement and Logistics Officer, WCH Project Implementing Partner/s in Gaza.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor activity implementation progress and ensuring quality Quarterly and annual narrative reporting.
- Monitor project expenditure and adherence to contract/agreement established with project partner on project implementation.
- Assisting Projects Coordinator in preparation of overall project reports.
- Support WCH implementing partner in ensuring that data encoding and data analysis is being done properly and diligently.
- Support WCH implementing partner in activity planning framework and strengthen the implementation including ensuring effective MEAL framework.
- In consultation with related project members, lead the planning and implementation of event, regular field visits, workshops, and facilitate workshops, discussions and consultations with partners and stakeholders.
- Attend meetings with project partners and take minutes of project meetings when required.
- Work with implementing partner staff to collect and compile all available data and information on the progress, key threats, and issues related to project and present field data gathered for further analysis and for MEAL and communications’ products.
- Provide Projects Coordinator with technical information related to the development of project field activities and approaches.
- Perform administrative tasks such as support finance and logistics (e.g. financial documentation, procurement, visits, travels, etc.) for the project, provide translation and interpretation when required, maintain project filling system to be applied and followed by all project staff (SharePoint).
- Develop and maintain database of all technical reports, presentation, maps, data and information, pictures produced by the project as well as list of organizations and related stakeholders working in related fields, related products, etc.
- Develop network of project collaborators and agents for implementation, from local sources and provincial/district offices.
- Promote organization’s presence in the community by attending meetings, workshops and related field activities Implemented by partners.
- Coordinate the evaluation and monitoring of implementation of the project work plan, and ensure that MEAL system is well-maintained and constantly updated by the project implementing partners.
- Provide inputs to communications products, materials, and campaigns to ensure accurate information of the project when required.
- Secure community and project stakeholder participation and ensure accountability to projects participants in development of the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, and support the implementation of the feedback and complaint response mechanism (FCRM).
- When needed, required to produce technical reports and assessments on the Education and protection from violence.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required by the projects Coordinator.
- Ensuring that War Child safeguarding measurements are taken into consideration in all project activities implemented by the partners and report any breaching to the code of conduct or the child safeguarding policy to line manager/ child safeguarding focal point.
- Assist in the planning and preparations for trainings and co-facilitating trainings when required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, business administration, education and development or other related fields. Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in coordinating and implementing child rights projects including education projects.
- At least 3-years of experience working with/for INGOs.
- At least 2-years’ experience in the sector of Education and or CSO/CBO
- Experience in implementing MEAL plans, data collection and analysis.
- Experience in maintaining online database and reporting.
- Practical experience with focus on application of CSO/CBO engagement tools, policy and MEAL capacity building processes.
- Experience in coordinating EU funded projects is preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Good understanding of Education, child’s protection and community-based organization engagement in Gaza.
- Good understanding of partnership building and engagement strategies in Gaza.
- Excellent Report writing skills in English.
- Good knowledge of project cycle management.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Team player and contributing effectively to WCH team.
- Working independently with WCH implementing partners and spending periods of time in the field.
- Proficiency in MS office (word, excel, PowerPoint, and outlook…etc.)
- Full adherence to WCH’s values and safeguarding policies.
- Fluency in Arabic.
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in oPt, including adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential”
المسمى الوظيفي Project Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 02 - Feb - 2022
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 4 Years
To apply please send your one-page letter of motivation and CV to [email protected] by February 2nd 2022, citing “Gaza Project Officer” in the subject line.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة War Child Holland منظمة أطفال الحرب الهولندية
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Office
القدس, رام الله والبيرة, الخلي...
Head of Programs
Feedback and Complaints Response Mechanisms Intern
Head of Programs
20, Dec, 2021
9, Nov, 2021
26, Aug, 2021
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
11, Jul, 2021