Vacancy Announcement – Project Manager
Palestinian Farmers Union (PFU) is a representative body of farmers in West bank and Gaza with the aim to defend their rights for protection and representation. To do so PFU works on policy reform and enabling environment for agriculture sector in Palestine through advocacy and campaigning to ensure agricultural policies and better responsive and reflective for farmers rights and needs.
PFU is one of the consortium partners to implement a project titled “Promotion of inclusive agricultural growth to ensure improved living standards and resilience of vulnerable communities in Area C of the West Bank”. This project is a three year EU funded project implemented by OXFAM in partnership with national NGO partners including the Palestinian Farmers Union (PFU). The project aims at achieving three outcomes. PFU is taking the lead to achieve outcome three “The capacities of farmers’ organizations and public institutions to protect and promote agricultural development and land and water rights in Area C and to raise national and international stakeholders’ awareness are enhanced”.
Under Outcome 3, a series of capacity development interventions, including trainings, workshops, and awareness raising sessions, will be organized to enhance the technical and advocacy capacities of cooperatives/ groups and CBOs, including women associations, focusing on locations where land and water development initiatives will be undertaken. Coordinated advocacy work on land rights and increased investment in Area C will be conducted, including preparation of policy papers, roundtables, conferences, and campaigning. In parallel, tailored capacity development support will be provided to the MoA’s Legal Affairs Department to enhance its legal support function; the Land Department and district-level offices to strengthen their ability to support farmers in land reclamation activities; and the MoA through these two departments to develop an incentive and investment policy for Area C and to propose regulations that would encourage investments that better promote the interests of small-scale farmers.
In order to implement and achieve the above mentioned advocacy interventions, PFU is seeking to recruit a highly innovative, knowledgeable and skillful project manager who will take the lead on executing project tasks and actions that shall lead to successfully achieve project outcomes.
General position summary
The Project Manager (PM) will provide overall leadership, technical oversight, management and capacity building of the technical and advocacy capacities of groups to ensure that the program meets its targets and deliverables on-time, on-scope and within budget. The PM will ensure high project quality while ensuring strict adherence to donor rules and regulations. The PM will also have representation duties to donors, relevant government entities, consortium partners, other implementers and external stakeholders. The PD will maintain close ties and cooperation with relevant stakeholders including MoA, cooperatives and women groups and hold regular meetings to support project implementations and learning across all partners. The PM will work closely with the Executive Director of PFU.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop project implementation to ensure achieving of outcomes and results.
- Manage the day to day activities in accordance with the project detailed action plan.
- Ensure project is on-time, on-scope and within budget.
- Track project objectives, outcomes and deadlines.
- Maintain close relationship with Ministry of Agriculture and its relevant land and water departments.
- Manage the capacity building interventions of government relevant department on land development and water.
- Manage the capacity development interventions of cooperatives and women groups through trainings, workshops and raise awareness campaigns.
- Ensure the monitoring of all project agreements for compliance with PFU as well as donor policy procedures.
- Manage the performance of consultants and contractors.
- Oversee all aspects of design, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and ensure that all project aspects are documented and archived according to internal/donor requirements.
- Ensure optimal integration of all project components for maximum impact.
- Create and maintain systems ensuring effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor and PFU policies and procedures.
Reports Directly to: PFU Executive Director
Works Directly with: Advocacy manager, Projects manager, Communication officer and Finance department.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and Experience/ minimum requirements
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in , management, economics or other relevant field. Strong management and advocacy skills, with good knowledge of international influence strategies.
- At least 5 years of advocacy experience in progressively responsible positions.
- Experience leading the implementation of EU funded projects.
- Ability to work independently in the field and show initiative. Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively with team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to develop good relationships with a wide range of actors required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local stakeholders, private sector actors, Government and partners.
A successful Project Manager will combine exceptional advocacy skills on national and international levels and experience in maintaining donor and partner relationships.. The ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel and experience in building the capacity of government and women groups and cooperatives. The PM will have a demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
Interested candidates are welcomed to submit their CVs along with cover letter reflecting why they are suitable for the position based on proven previous experiences to the following email address: [email protected]. Deadline for receiving applications is end of Tuesday 30th at 4 pm. Only CVs that reflect all above listed requirements will be selected and only short listed candidates will be contacted.