The Palestinian Liberation Organization has received a grant from the International Development Association (IDA) of an amount of 15.0 million USD for the benefit of the Palestinian Authority to finance the Social Protection Enhancement Project (the Project). The development objective of the Social Protection Enhancement Project for West Bank and Gaza (WB and G) is to establish a single targeting and referral system to provide cash benefits and services to poor and vulnerable households. The project comprises of four components. The first component, cash transfer program (CTP) support will finance cash transfers for about 5,000 households in the WB and G, representing 4 percent of the total of the CTP. The second component, social registry (SR) will provide technical and financial support to: (i) develop, feed, and update the SR inclusion and information system (architecture, software, hardware, operations manuals (OMs), and household registration, among others); (ii) establish a legal framework for it as functional entry point for social programs; and (iii) assure the transition of beneficiaries of CTP and other programs into the SR. The third component, case management system (CMS) will finance the development and implementation in selected areas of a CMS. The fourth component, project management and monitoring will ensure that the Ministry of Social Development (MoSD) team is operational and the project is implemented in accordance with the grant agreement and the project OM.
MoSD is the implementing agency for this Project. A Project Management Unit (PMU) will be established within MoSD and will be composed of consultants in various fields, to manage the overall implementation and coordination of the Project. MoSD is considering the appointment of qualified PMU Director and Communication Officer for the PMU.
The PMU team will be housed within MoSD in Ramallah. The duration of each assignment is one year on a full-time basis, extendable to the full length of the Project (4 years).
An individual Consultant shall be selected for each of the above-mentioned posts in accordance with the World Bank’s procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for Borrowers under Investment Project Financing dated July 1, 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”),
Project Management Unit (PMU) Director:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The PMU Director will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the execution of the Project and will be reporting to the MoSD Minister / Deputy Minister. His/her specific responsibilities are detailed in the Terms of Reference.
Essential Required Qualifications, Skills, knowledge and Competencies:
- At least a Masters’ Degree from an accredited university in Social Science, Social Development, Business Administration, Project Management or any other related field.
- At least five years of professional experience, preferably with World Bank financed projects or other development agencies working in the Palestinian territories. Experience should include the management of teams and the overseeing of projects of similar budget
- Proven experience in institutional development.
- Experience in preparing research and developing procedures modules/systems.
- A good knowledge of the Palestinian social context.
- Capacity to work seamlessly with local social communities within existing structures.
- Proven ability to foster teamwork and enhance performance and to coordinate with relevant stakeholders.
- Strong supervisory, interpersonal and staff support skills, ability to motivate and lead employees and encourage decisions to be made within a team environment
- Knowledge of World Bank fiduciary procedures- procurement and financial management.
Interested consultants may obtain further information and related TORs from the address below during office hours from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. and can apply for the vacancy by sending CV and the mentioned experiences and university certificate to the email address [email protected] and any application without the requested mentioned documents will not be considered.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by the end of 24 / 09 /2018.
NOTE: Please mention the vacancy and project title in the e-mail subject.