The Palestinian Liberation Organization has received a grant from the International Development Association (IDA) of an amount of 15.0 million USD for the benefit of the Palestinian Authority to finance the Social Protection Enhancement Project (the Project). The development objective of the Social Protection Enhancement Project for West Bank and Gaza (WB and G) is to establish a single targeting and referral system to provide cash benefits and services to poor and vulnerable households. The project comprises of four components. The first component, cash transfer program (CTP) support will finance cash transfers for about 5,000 households in the WB and G, representing 4 percent of the total of the CTP. The second component, social registry (SR) will provide technical and financial support to: (i) develop, feed, and update the SR inclusion and information system (architecture, software, hardware, operations manuals (OMs), and household registration, among others); (ii) establish a legal framework for it as functional entry point for social programs; and (iii) assure the transition of beneficiaries of CTP and other programs into the SR. The third component, case management system (CMS) will finance the development and implementation in selected areas of a CMS. The fourth component, project management and monitoring will ensure that the Ministry of Social Development (MoSD) team is operational and the project is implemented in accordance with the grant agreement and the project OM.
MoSD is the implementing agency for this Project. A Project Management Unit (PMU) will be established within MoSD and will be composed of consultants in various fields, to manage the overall implementation and coordination of the Project. MoSD is considering the appointment of qualified PMU Director and Communication Officer for the PMU.
The PMU team will be housed within MoSD in Ramallah. The duration of each assignment is one year on a full-time basis, extendable to the full length of the Project (4 years).
An individual Consultant shall be selected for each of the above-mentioned posts in accordance with the World Bank’s procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for Borrowers under Investment Project Financing dated July 1, 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”),
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Communication Officer will be responsible for the design and implementation of communication strategies and plan and will be reporting to the Project Management Unit Director. His/her specific responsibilities are detailed in the Terms of Reference
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Required Qualifications, Skills, knowledge and Competencies:
Qualifications would include the following:
- A Bachelor degree in the field of Public Relations, Journalism or any related field.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in the field of communications, public relations or journalism.
- Capability and proven experience in drafting communications strategies.
- Capability and proven experience in developing mass media messages in various formats (press releases, websites, success stories, blog entries, tweets, etc.) targeting a variety of audiences.
- Ability in innovation and working effectively under pressure.
- Familiarity with dealing with public campaigns.
- Excellent written, oral and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
- Familiar with website design and social media platforms is preferred.
- Ability to foster teamwork and enhance performance and to coordinate with relevant stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English (oral and written).
Interested consultants may obtain further information and related TORs from the address below during office hours from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. and can apply for the vacancy by sending CV and the mentioned experiences and university certificate to the email address [email protected] and any application without the requested mentioned documents will not be considered.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by the end of 24 / 09 /2018.
NOTE: Please mention the vacancy and project title in the e-mail subject.