Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion), is implementing a project entiteld “Promoting the inclusion and access of girls and boys with Disabilities to gender and disability responsive inclusive education in the emergency context of occupied Palestinian territories” and looking for a qualified expertise to fillfull the position of the Project Field Officer.
Under the overall direct supervision and responsibility of the Project Manager, the Project Officer will provide key support to the Project in the roll-out and management of education project activities. She/he will work with partners, Ministry of Education and other project stakeholders to support the assurance process of project outputs and expected results are implemented in a timely and efficient manner of the project “Promoting the inclusion and access of girls and boys with Disabilities to gender and disability responsive inclusive education in the emergency context of occupied Palestinian territories”.
Responsibility 1 : Support the follow up and implementation and adjustment of project plan according to HI’s approaches and methodologies
- Support Project Manager in the overall project implementation, follow up and management in particular on the field level with the identified stakeholders.
- Support implementation and facilitate of trainings, assessments, and workshops.
- Follow-up on partners’ implementation of project activities.
- Develop and update project beneficiaries’ database.
- Contribute to the identification of good practices under the project
- Contribute to the development and implementation of data collection tools for documenting indicators, collect data in relation with core tasks and measure the progress made.
- Contribute to planning and produce activity reports.
- Financial follow up and logistics support, Coordinate with HI support services team to ensure project activities support needs are provided, support the project technical team in preparing and validating the purchase and delivery cycle documents .
Responsibility 2: contribute and follow up the development of monitoring and evaluation processes under the project
- Participate in analyzing lessons learned on the project’s experience gained from implementation
- Provide support to project steering committee; coordinate with partners, prepare invitation and agenda, and ensure materials prepared by project team, write meeting minutes.
- Compile partners narrative and statistical reports on weekly and monthly basis and report to Project Manager.
- Support the PM in updating the Projects Monitoring tool reports on quarterly basis.
- Maintain updated records and reports of the project activities whenever requested.
- Support the development and implementation process of projects monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Contribute to donor reporting.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The successful Candidate should at least has:
- Bachelor Degree in Education or Occupational Therapy, or any other related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in education related projects.
- Skills in developing training and providing coaching for capacity building
- Ability to develop information material.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Very Good skills in data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent networking and coordination skills.
- Excellent report writing skills in English and Arabic.
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of one year and the position is based in Bethlehem
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter to reach on or before the end of: 31st, October,2019, to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Project Field Officer ) in the subject line in your e-mail application.
Only qualified candidates should apply and only those who have been short listed will be contacted