Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF has been present in Palestine since 2008 with two country offices in Ramallah and Gaza City. SIF West Bank focuses on marginalized and vulnerable communities and works in the West Bank governorates, trying to cover zones overlooked by the authorities and other development agencies. The programs cover Orphans’ Empowerment and Wellbeing, and WASH and Livelihoods.
Position: Project Engineer- WASH and Livelihoods
Responsible To: Project Manager- WASH and Livelihoods
Location: Ramallah Office, with frequent trips to project sites in West Bank Area
Duration: 4-5 months (extendable)
Type of Contract: Local Contract.
In the frame of its humanitarian mission in West Bank, the Project Engineer – WASH and Livelihoods will:
- Have core role in the programmes department. The key responsibilities are to give support to the good evaluation and implementation of different types of SIF interventions in the fields of Agricultural, Livelihood and Food Security activities. This position requires a highly motivated, hardworking and responsible person. Other attributes required for this role include flexibility (working days/times and trips).
- Will give support to the Project Manager and ensure good follow up and monitoring of the project coordination procedures.
The tasks described here are not exhaustive or limited. Due to the nature of the mission and the organization, the Project Engineer – WASH and Livelihoods may be requested to perform further tasks related to his/her responsibilities here.
Contribute to the definition of SIF future interventions:
- Carry out field visits and site investigations, and provide technical inputs related to SIF current and future WASH and agriculture interventions;
- Participate in the definition of future project interventions, including budgeting;
- Contribute to proposal writing through the definition of the activities, logframe and budget at the Manager’s request;
- Contact public local authorities (particularly Ministries) and partners to be constantly updated regarding laws, regulation and rules related to WASH and Livelihoods;
- Review developmental plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices;
- Support in identifying the data to be collected for needs assessments and the tools to be used (eg. focus groups, surveys, questionnaires, etc.);
- Conduct technical surveys to gather field data, and conduct technical needs assessments and manage the collection of data;
- Participate in the data analysis together with the Manager;
- Participate in clusters and workshops on Agriculture, Food Security and Livelihoods-related topics at the Manager’s request;
Ensure the implementation of project activities:
- Supervise all technical aspects of the implementation of agricultural-related works, and provide technical support and design for agriculture-related interventions;
- Prepare and review bill of quantities, technical specifications, equipment, etc. as requested;
- Ensure regular follow-up visits on site to SIF beneficiaries, contractors and other project stakeholders and partners, and advise them on civil engineering issues before, during and after the project implementation; ensure the works are compliant with SIF technical specifications;
- Review and propose changes to engineering standards, policies, or details;
- Realize detailed planning of the activities according to the expected progress of the project;
- Coordinate with Village Councils and CBOs by contacting them, and organizing and conducting meetings;
- Be responsible for organizing informational meetings for the beneficiaries or other project stakeholders (invitations, public, announcements, information tools, etc.);
- Work closely with the MEAL department in developing the selection process for different types of beneficiaries, including definition of methodology, establishment of criteria for beneficiaries’ selection, drafting application forms, scoring, and performing any other needed activities related to the beneficiaries’ selection process.
- Be responsible for organizing and attending technical trainings and awareness sessions for beneficiaries or other stakeholders, when required;
- Support the Manager in realizing proper financial forecasts and regularly check them in order to inform on time Manager of the possible delays impacting the forecast;
- Regularly check and update the project timeline and share it with the manager;
- Participate in technical assessment during tender procedures;
- Support procurement department in visiting companies and enterprises in order to define material, equipment and supply costs for tenders;
- Examine and verify technical standards, specifications and quality of the purchased and delivered livelihood and agricultural materials and equipment, and provide feedback to the Logistics department;
- Be responsible for checking the quality of the on-going livelihood and agricultural works and materials used by contractors and provide his/her Supervisor with on time payment requests;
- Establish and maintain regular and good relationship with SIF stakeholders (beneficiaries, partner organizations, Village Council representatives, local CBOs, etc.).
- Help in providing technical information for public presentations (to HQ, steering committees, partners etc.).
Monitor and evaluate the on-going construction projects:
- Participate in the process of defining monitoring tools (technical field reports, monitoring trackers, etc.); collect data about the progress of the projects activities; and provide technical inputs to various M&E reference documents, such as PMP, follow up sheet and others;
- Participate in designing various post-assessment evaluation tools (satisfaction surveys, post-evaluation questionnaires, etc.) and provide data and other technical feedback for the post-assessment processes;
- Participate in lessons learnt workshops and share recommendation on the improvement of the activities;
- Support in completing parts of the evaluation reports;
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA degree in Agricultural Engineering, or relevant field
- At least 3 years’ proven experience as project engineer
- Experience working with NGOs
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines under pressure, and to complete work with high quality and attention to detail
- Familiarity with rules and regulations and performance standards.
- Proven experience in building sites
- Good knowledge of the West Bank context and ability to undertake regular travel to program sites in West Bank
- Professional skills: time management, organization, and reporting skills.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office Pack
- Language skills (reading, writing, spoken) to working level in English and Arabic
- Demonstrated commitment to working as part of a team, in a support role
- Qualities: team spirit, patient, flexible, open minded, sociable and highly motivated
Submit a resume and a cover letter in English (only Word or PDF), including three professional references (e-mail addresses and phone numbers must be included), and a date of availability to
[email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The e-mail subject line MUST include the exact name of the position. Deadline to apply is October 14, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit only by email.