Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from the Hebron district, we are recruiting a:
PROJECT COORDINATOR SUPPORT
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the networking and the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
Project Coordination Support accountabilities:
- Representing MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiating on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging.
- Assisting in safe guarding and promoting MSF’s image externally.
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities and military groups, in different administrations/parties and governorates/districts in order to improve understanding and decision-making processes. Maintaining the security database and providing a biweekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments
- Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participating in the development of security plans
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, military actors, security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- Ensuring the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis. Organizing advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator. • Translating and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Assisting the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, military actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Preparing and conducting context, cultural and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment. Ensuring regular security briefings/trainings of assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
- Commitment to MSF Principles L3
- Service orientation L3
- Cross-cultural awareness L3
- Planning and organizing L3
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Writing, presentation and facilitation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3
- Security awareness and management L2
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
• University degree in social sciences, International Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)
• Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment
• Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis
• Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
• Desirable: sufficient relevant work experience to develop the necessary expertise to fulfill the role (which would include community engagement and/or project management experience)
• Arabic and English
• Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet/social media)
• Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values
• Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues
• In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills
• High level of knowledge of local culture and customs
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and CV with references’ details to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Human Resources Departement _Hebron Project
With the reference: PC SUPPORT – MSF vacancy. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Closing application date is June 13th, 2022.