مؤسـسة أطباء بلا حدود
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from the Hebron district, we are recruiting a:
PROJECT COORDINATOR SUPPORT (50%)/COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITY MANAGER (50%)
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the networking and the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
Understanding that community and patient engagement should be embedded in all MSF activities as part of a People Centred Approach (PCA) she/he coordinates and monitors all engagement objectives and community activities, supports and monitors activities with patients/communities, facilitates participatory consultations, and proactively makes proposals based on the analysis of the outcomes of the said activities (including identified needs, gaps as well as positive practices and community strengths).
Project Coordination Support accountabilities:
- Represent MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiate on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging.
- Monitor, analyze and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities and military groups, in different administrations/parties and governorates/districts in order to improve understanding and decision-making processes.
- Ensure the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and file and update field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis. Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator.
- Prepare and conduct context, cultural and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment.
Community Engagement Activity Manager accountabilities:
- Ensure ongoing multidirectional dialogue with the communities/patients and caregivers (using a variety of methods) in order to:
- Involve the community in the identification of priorities, the definition of problems and the identification of potential solutions (participatory assessment and/or problem solving), ensuring that the perspectives/interests of the various segments of the population are considered,
- Detect risks/safety concerns (contribute to monitoring the evolution of the crisis and security),
- Identify existing positive practices, strengths/coping mechanisms and resilience,
- Identify segments of the community with critical needs (assistance and protection).
- Actively contribute to ongoing strategic exchange/sparring with the project coordination team:
- Support the Project Coordinator in the generation of transversal collaboration/discussion
- Contribution to strategic design and monitoring/evaluation
- Regular collaboration and coordination with the Project Medical Referent (PMR) and MSF medical team, to (1) ensure the optimum delivery of Health promotion and health education activities throughout the continuum of care (2) ensure optimum articulation of community engagement in Decentralized Mode of Care (DMC) activities and at any other medical actions done at community level (e.g. vaccination campaigns), (3) communicate feedback from communities and patients.
- Ensure the documentation and timely analysis of key information gathered through engagement with stakeholders (qualitative and quantitative) and that it feeds (1) monitoring and improvement of the Quality of Care and (2) overall understanding of how the crisis is impacting the population as well as (3) the project’s global strategy (operational adaptation, engagement, advocacy actions). The highlights of this analysis are to be included into regular project reporting
- Collaboration with logistic teams to ensure optimum engagement with communities around WASH, NFI, distribution and/or other logistical activities in the community and in MSF facilities.
- Regular training/coaching of MSF teams (and where relevant also Ministry of Health-MoH staff) on community/patient engagement to integrate the People Centered Approach (PCA) transversally in all positions (the curiosity, the empathy, the listening, the accountability, etc.).
- Planning and organizing
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Writing, presentation and facilitation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in social sciences, social communication, health promotion or related studies.
- Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment.
- Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs.
- Desirable: sufficient relevant work experience to develop the necessary expertise to fulfill the role (which would include community engagement and/or project management experience).
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet/social media).
- Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values.
- Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues.
- In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills.
- High level of knowledge of local culture and customs.
المسمى الوظيفي Project Coordinator - Support
آخر موعد للتقديم 31 - Mar - 2022
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and CV with references’ details to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Human Resources Departement _Hebron Project
With the reference: PC SUPPORT – Community Engagement MSF vacancy. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Closing application date is March 31st, 2022.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة MSF-Spain Doctors Without Borders