Position Title: Project coordinator
Period: 6 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
# of vacancies: 2
PARC is a national developmental organization that strives to develop the agricultural sector, strengthen the resilience of farmers, reach out to the poor and marginalized groups and their CBO’s, mobilize and develop the capabilities of rural people to enable them to control their resources, through the work of a distinguished professional teams and a loyal volunteer. This has been accomplished through creative programs and transparent management and through technical practices to contribute to the establishment of a free and democratic Palestinian society with the values of social justice.
Job purpose summary:
The Project coordinator role is to provide support to the implementation of the (Emergency and Early recovery response to 2021 war in Gaza) project and activities in Gaza. The main responsibility of a project coordinator is to ensure the project is running smoothly, on time and to budget. Duties typically include planning certain parts of the project, monitoring its progress, coordinating meetings and overseeing members of the project team.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Responsible for accomplishing project goal, objectives & outputs required within the project.
- Ensure the proper implementation of the detailed plan for the project.
- Responsible for maintaining the project budget and ensuring that spending is according to plan.
- Responsible for the proper documentation of the project activities.
- Arrange for different meetings with stakeholders and partners.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports.
- Attract new beneficiaries in the targeted areas through field work.
- Carry out marketing tasks by visiting related stakeholders and attending related events.
- Meet with beneficiaries to determine their needs and properly align interventions to meet their needs.
- Regular follow-up of beneficiaries through phones, field visits and letters.
- Review project documents to ensure that they are complete, accurate, and comply with the archiving system within the organization
- Handle beneficiaries’ complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Competences:
- Bachelor degree in business administration or a relevant field. (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience e.g. in marketing, economics, management, business development etc.). An MBA, community development, gender mainstreaming, with an emphasis on economic empowerment would be added assets.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organizational skills, including an ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Publisher, MS Word and Excel)
- Management Skills
- Budget skills
- Reporting skills
- Good Monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Accountability Skills
- Coordination Skills
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Flexible, highly motivated self-starter.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to http://www.pal-arc.org/jobs to the attention of the HR Department no later than 30 June 2021 and include the job title (Project coordinator) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.