Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH It) is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting children against all forms of violence or abuse and guaranteeing their right to health, education and life. TDH It, which is part of the TDH International Federation, is currently working in 20 countries worldwide, carrying out humanitarian interventions and development projects in the sectors of education, mother and child health, income generation, water and sanitation, child protection and rehabilitation, to the benefit of thousands of children, their families and communities. For additional information about the organization please visit www.terredeshommes.it
TDH It works in Palestine since 2000, and it has implemented several educational, health and psycho-social interventions together with its National Partners and with Local Authorities in East Jerusalem, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
As part of a newly launched initiative aimed at supporting and developing inclusive education policies, practice and culture in Awqaf schools and KGs in East Jerusalem, Terre des Hommes Italia is looking for qualified professionals to be hired for a period up to 3 years, as:
Project Coordinator (PC)
The PEC will coordinate a team that promotes inclusive policy, practice and culture in targeted schools and in the community, recognizing that inclusion in education is one aspect of inclusion in society. She/he will ensure the activities planned are smoothly implemented in the respect of the planning and foreseen budget.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Define methodologies to be followed and project vision / approach for the implementation of the action in coordination and under the supervision of the Inclusive Education Technical Advisors (IETAs); ensure that the needs and preferences expressed by the beneficiaries are taken into account;
- Participate in the identification and design of future project interventions (including data collection and analysis for needs assessments, developing new proposals or segments of proposals);
- Oversee implementation of the project activities according to action plan and best practice; assess progress and suggest adjustments to activities and approach as required;
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the MoE/JDoE, target schools, local CBOs, other international organizations, local authorities, and other stakeholders, and participate in official meetings to ensure visibility of project and TDH It work; support stakeholder dialogue and coordination;
- Support the Project Manager (PM) in realizing financial forecasts in relation to project activities;
- In coordination with the PM and Inclusive Education technical staff, organise and coordinate with implementing partners the preparation of trainings, workshops, presentations, networking activities, awareness sessions, etc.
- In cooperation with the PM, the Administrative staff and the Logistician, validate purchase lists of all technical items and help in the selection of offers and in the distribution phase, ensuring the efficient on time implementation of the activities planned;
- In coordination with the PM, the IETAs and the MEAL Officer, support in designing efficient and effective data collection tools and monitor the quality of data; contribute to the collection, revision and approval of main monitoring tools and to data analysis;
- In coordination with the PM, the IETAs and M&E Officer, ensure appropriate program surveillance by means of a structured monitoring system and evaluation activities;
- Prepare and submit to the PM weekly plans of the activities;
- Contribute to qualitative reporting;
- Conduct regular follow up field visits to beneficiaries and other stakeholders;
- Participate and contribute to lessons learnt sessions and regularly share recommendation on the improvement of the ongoing or future projects activities;
- In cooperation with the PM and IETAs coordinate and participate to meetings with the co-applicant and with the implementing partner- JDoE/MoEHE;
- Prepare minutes of Meetings (MoM);
- Provide line management to the Inclusive Educators hired by the Project:
- In coordination with the PM and the IETAs, participate in the selection and recruitment of the Inclusive Educators-IEs (support in the design of technical tests and interviews, evaluation of the candidates) and in the review of their performances;
- Plan and organize the daily tasks, coordinate and monitor on a daily basis their activities;
- Validate the monitoring tools filled and reports produced by the IEs;
- Ensure TDH accountability; collect feedback from the field (local authorities, community members, beneficiaries, partners, etc.) and ensure to answer back to any question received;
- Write detailed reports of the activities to be submitted to the Project Manager;
- Upon request, ensure translation of key documents from Arabic to English and viceversa;
- Perform any other additional duty on request of the Project Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experience:
- BA in Social Sciences or any other relevant fields (qualification in Education would be an asset);
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in projects related to education and/or community work (previous experience with INGOs is an asset);
- Competence, skills and a solid commitment in promoting inclusion, the principles of development and the organizational goals of TDH It;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with all involved stakeholders and partners;
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team;
- Sound organizational, problem solving and reporting skills.
Language and Computer skills:
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and very good command of written and spoken English;
- Good computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV and a cover letter (both in English), together with the contact details of at least three professional references which can be contacted immediately to [email protected] indicating as subject PAL-PC-2019
All applications must be received no later than Saturday, 5th October 2019
TDH It is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant will receive less favorable treatment on grounds of gender, race, nationality, color, ethnic origin, sexuality, class, disability, health status, marital status, responsibility for dependents, religion or belief, and age.
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirement will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Pre-selected candidates are asked to avail themselves for an interview, which will take place in Jerusalem between October 9th and 15th 2019.