The Jerusalem YMCA Women’s Development Program is partnering with DCA-NCA in the implementation of a project on “East Jerusalem Youth: Agents of Change”. This project is for 42 months, and is funded by the office of the European Union representative.
The project is based on introducing Resilience and Tourism as a community-led intervention that will contribute to the overall objective: “The development of resilient communities in East and northwest of Jerusalem to be able to withstand shocks and mitigate protection threats while preserving the Palestinian character of the city”. The project's approach is comprehensive and inclusive to support communities in EJ to respond to the continuing protection and livelihood challenges they face. An important element is the focus on community-based tourism as a mechanism to respond to these challenges. This will be achieved through the specific objective “Targeted community members are mobilized to participate and contribute to fulfil their economic, political, cultural and social rights”. Targeted EJ communities will be supported to develop their own community action plans with a set of priorities and risks. Targeted communities for this post will be villages of Biddou, Qbeiba, Beit Anan, Beit doqqu, Beit Sourik-
Northwest of Jerusalem.
The Following Post is required:
Job Title: Project Coordinator (1)
Duration of Job: 38 months
Target Hiring Date: October, 2019
Closing Date: Sep 16, 2019
Post Location: EJ-YMCA office in Ramallah
Please note that the post does not require a Jerusalemite ID
Overall Responsibilities: The Project Coordinator will be responsible
- To Coordinate and oversees all project management functions, including human resources, finance, and logistics support
- Supervises and coordinates timely and efficient implementation of all project activities.
- Works closely with project field staff to develop implementation plans, worksheets and reports.
- Develops partnerships between the project and main stakeholders who work on related fields.
- Ensures that the project activities and purchases are implemented in accordance with the office of the European Union representative rules and regulations.
- Ensures that the office of the European Union representative visibility rules and procedures are respected and implemented appropriately.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Qualifications and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in the area of community development, human sciences or other relevant field
- At least three years of experience in community development or project management including working using participatory and community led approaches
- Computer literate especially Microsoft office applications
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Arabic and English.
- Ability to organize work , lead and deliver activities with high level standards, and proven track record in producing quality work
- Prepared to work under pressure
To apply for a positions: Applicants should send their cover letter and CV - in English language – by September 16th, 2019 at the latest, with 3 traceable references and a cover letter that includes justification of interest in this post to the following address:
Second floor, MBC Building
Almadares str. Opposite Albireh girls Secondary school
Tel: 02 2959989
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.