The Agricultural Development Association (PARC) is seeking a qualified candidate to work on the” Innovative Demonstration on Sustainable Integrated Management of Wastewater and Reclaimed Water Use in North West Bank – Palestine” project funded by the EU and the local community.
The Project Coordinator will be working under the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
The Project Coordinator will be required to undertake the following tasks and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review project designs and tender documents for water/wastewater projects including engineering drawings, specifications, bill of quantities and all other project related documents to ensure accuracy and applicability.
- Review shop drawings, as-built drawings and material/equipment submitted by the contractor.
- Oversee the daily works and daily activities handled by the contractor at the project site and assuring the required quality of works as requested in the contract documents.
- Provide necessary support to project team in implementing the project activities to achieve project's goals.
- Site supervision and providing directions to PARC’s staff and contractors.
- Lead work activities and communicate with various project partners, clients and stakeholders.
- Supervise and manage different local engineering firms / consultants and provide managerial and technical assistance regarding project planning, development and design.
- Review the Contractor’s work schedules and updates; closely monitor the work progress and budget utilization to ensure compliance with the project duration and cost.
- Review and approve contractors/ partners / service providers submitted payments.
- Ensure the effective and timely implementation of the projects as well as on time deliverables and work schedules.
- Prepare and review consultants/contractors and service providers contracts.
- Prepare and submit monthly progress reports and ensure full documentation.
- Actively participate in the regular meetings with the contractor, project manager, donor, stakeholders, and partners.
- Assist in the preparation of any field visits requested for visitors/donors.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications/ skills and Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering / Water and Wastewater Engineering/ Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Minimum 8 years practical experience working on the management and coordination of water and sanitation projects including wastewater collection systems and wastewater treatment plants.
- High knowledge in water, sanitation and environment quality rules and regulations nationally.
- Experience in planning, implementing, and monitoring projects and programs.
- Demonstrates ability to provide technical assistance, one-on-one mentoring, and small group training sessions.
- Excellent command of English language (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Excellent skills in MS Office, Excel, ,etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and for long hours as needed as part of a team or independently in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to effectively plan operations.
- Proposal writing, budgeting and reporting to donor.
- Competent in supervision of sanitation projects, resolving site problems, communication and documentation
- Knowledge and experience in FIDIC contract conditions
- Experience in construction standards in Palestine
- Valid driving license
Expected assignment start date is July 1st ,2019
Duty Station: Ramallah Office with frequent travel to the job site
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter no later than 24/6/2019 including three professional references, for more information about the employment opportunity and to apply, press Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة