Society of Physically Handicapped People Gaza Strip “SPHP” Established in 1992, SPHP is a non-profit organization, based on building confidence and capacities of the marginalized disabled people to meet with their rights and needs and to achieve their integration into community as possible registered by the Palestinian Authority, located in Own Al shawast., Al Zaytoon, Gaza City.
Therefore a partnership agreement with Handicap International, runs projects under its operating name “Humanity & Inclusion” was developed in order to implement the project entitled “Addressing urgent injury care and rehabilitation needs of the causalities of border clashes (March of Return) in the Gaza Strip”, funded by center de crisis CDC- France and United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs OCHA under the Trust Fund For Disaster Relief (sub-account for the oPt Humanitarian Fund). The project aims at mitigating the outset of physical disabilities due to injuries as a result of the March of Return demonstrations through provision of critical and lifesaving injury care and multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services for children and adults in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
SPHP is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Outreach Project Coordinator.
Duty Station/ Location: East Gaza Governorate.
Duration: 5 months, with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 1st August, 2018
Under the supervision of SPHP Technical Supervisor and Director, the Outreach Project Coordinator will work in SPHP in order to manage the day to day implementation of project activities by the multidsciplinary outreach team and fulfill the following responsibilities :
1.1 Project Implementation:
- To set up and manage the day to day activities of the outreach team according to the project plan and ensure that all actions envisaged are undertaken in an organized and systematic manner in support of HI Project Team.
- Support the outreach teams in setting their intervention plans in line with the project indicators and field needs.
- Organize the assessment, provision of rehabilitation services and referral of people with disability and injury.
- Ensure Team’s training to families and caregivers on basic rehabilitation exercises and proper using of resources and informative materials.
- Support the outreach teams to organize home visits to people with injury according to the project identified services criteria.
- Ensure that the outreach team understand their responsibilities and are using the appropriate assessment tools to identify, meet the multidisciplinary rehabilitation needs and follow up with the beneficiaries.
- Support, follow-up and supervise the work of the outreach team and ensure services’ quality criteria respect.
- Coordinate all referrals of beneficiaries towards relevant services in collaboration with the social worker and HI team.
- Facilitate HI Project Team field work and technical support to the outreach teams.
- Coordinate with HI and the appropriate stakeholders to ensure members are receiving the required support to identify target beneficiaries and their families, assess their needs and to ensure these means are provided; organize and implement trainings when required, and
- Other activities related to project activities implementation as per the needs
1.2 Human Resources Management:
- Manage multidisciplinary outreach team members comprises Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Nurses and Social Workers.
- Manage the accountant.
- Provide Support to the outreach team to fulfill their work in respect to the project action plan
- Ensure Team’s consideration to the services quality criteria and conduct field follow up and support visits.
- Support the Team in setting up the weekly plans and ensure qualitative and quantitative indicators are achieved.
- Enhance the multidisciplinary approach in services provision through facilitating weekly coordination meetings with the Team in order to review progress and set common therapeutic goals and intervention plans by the different members / disciplines.
- Ensure all team’s services are provided in a professional and ethical manner
- Support the Social Worker to collect and share information on services across Gaza Strip
- Supervise and support the Social Worker to coordinate for Referral Network activities and monthly meetings in East Gaza.
1.3 Reporting and Coordination:
- Collaborate with HI and the other project partners’ coordinators across Gaza Strip to ensure coordinated implementation of activities in all locations.
- Ensure that all donations made are accompanied with a signed donation certificate.
- Maintain accurate records of activities and assessments conducted, support and services provided, and referrals made.
- Ensure all reports are provided to SPHP Technical Supervisor and HI Team on weekly bases respecting the agreed forms.
- Apply the project monitoring tools on quarterly basis and report results to SPHP Technical Supervisor and HI.
- Propose timely changes and recommendations as relevant to meet project objectives and plan.
- Write case studies and success stories on beneficiaries and activities of the project
- Use various communication means (written, spoken, etc) during activities to ensure effective inclusion of all participants
- Maintain a very positive image of SPHP at all times and in all circumstances.
- A minimum university degree in management, administration or other humanitarian field
- A minimum of 5years’ experience in project coordination and management , preferably in the field of disability
- Very positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong command of spoken and written English
- Excellent Computer Skills ( Excel , PPP, Word and Access)
- Proven successful team player previous experience
Interested candidates may send their CV and a motivation letter to [email protected] no later than Saturday 28th July, 2018.
Please include the job title as Outreach Project Coordinator in the subject line of your application e-mail.
SPHP and HI are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities PwDs.
Only applicants live in Gaza are eligible to apply.
Recently, HI in collaboration with its partners partners delivered a training course on Emergency Preparedness and Humanitarian Response for 250 selected volunteers, of those in particular are highly welcome to apply.