Society of Physically Handicapped People Gaza Strip “SPHP” Established in 1992, SPHP is a non-profit organization, based on building confidence and capacities of the marginalized disabled people to meet with their rights and needs and to achieve their integration into community as possible registered by the Palestinian Authority, located in Own Al shawast., Al Zaytoon, Gaza City.
Therefore a partnership agreement with Handicap International, runs projects under its operating name “Humanity & Inclusion” was developed in order to implement the project entitled “Addressing urgent injury care and rehabilitation needs of the causalities of border clashes (March of Return) in the Gaza Strip”, funded by center de crisis CDC- France and United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs OCHA under the Trust Fund For Disaster Relief (sub-account for the oPt Humanitarian Fund). The project aims at mitigating the outset of physical disabilities due to injuries as a result of the March of Return demonstrations through provision of critical and lifesaving injury care and multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services for children and adults in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
SPHP is currently looking for a qualified two candidates to fill the position of Nurse
Duty Station/ Location: East Gaza Governorate.
Duration: 5 months, with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 1st August, 2018
Under the supervision of SPHP Project Coordinator, the Nurse will work in SPHP in order to provide post-operative nursing care and wound dressing sessions, and follow up visits to persons with injuries PwIs and fulfill the following responsibilities :
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Help in implementation protocols for the follow up of Post-Operative care for PwIs.
- Perform wound dressing sessions to PwIs.
- Assess the nursing needs for PwIs and report to project coordinator.
- Conduct home visit PwIs to assess the needs and provide support to those who have registered their need for assessment and support purposes.
- Coordinate the other outreach team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the PwIs, and other vulnerable groups in a multidisciplinary approach.
- Participate in the technical trainings that HI will conduct in order to improve the team members’ intervention quality with PwIs.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by HI during working with PwIs.
- Report to SPHP using the agreed monitoring tools and reports forms on daily/weekly/monthly and quarterly basis. .
- University degree in nurse, with at least 2 years of professional experiences in working at a mobile clinic/team, PHCC center or in an emergency room of a hospital.
- Valid Certificate of practicing the profession, and registered as a Nurse
- Work as team player and has flexibility in his/her work
- Ability to contribute and work within a team.
- Strong command of English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken).
- Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset
- Experience in Surgical Operation Theatre, Orthopedic and Trauma case is an asset
Interested candidates may send their CV and a motivation letter to [email protected] no later than Saturday 28th July, 2018.
Please include the job title as Nurse in the subject line of your application e-mail.
SPHP and HI are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities PwDs.
Only applicants live in Gaza are eligible to apply.
Recently, HI in collaboration with its partners partners delivered a training course on Emergency Preparedness and Humanitarian Response for 250 selected volunteers, of those in particular are highly welcome to apply.