Society of Physically Handicapped People Gaza Strip “SPHP” Established in 1992, SPHP is a non-profit organization, based on building confidence and capacities of the marginalized disabled people to meet with their rights and needs and to achieve their integration into community as possible registered by the Palestinian Authority, located in Own Al shawast., Al Zaytoon, Gaza City.
Therefore a partnership agreement with Handicap International, runs projects under its operating name “Humanity & Inclusion” was developed in order to implement the project entitled “Addressing urgent injury care and rehabilitation needs of the causalities of border clashes (March of Return) in the Gaza Strip”, funded by center de crisis CDC- France and United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs OCHA under the Trust Fund For Disaster Relief (sub-account for the oPt Humanitarian Fund). The project aims at mitigating the outset of physical disabilities due to injuries as a result of the March of Return demonstrations through provision of critical and lifesaving injury care and multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services for children and adults in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
SPHP is currently looking for a qualified one candidate to fill the position of Physiotherapist (PT)
Duty Station/ Location: East Gaza Governorate.
Duration: 5 months, with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 1st August, 2018
Under the supervision of SPHP Project Coordinator, the Physiotherapist will work in SPHP in order to conduct assessment of the needs to physical therapy services, conduct PT sessions, and follow up visits to persons with injuries PwIs and fulfill the following responsibilities :
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit PwIs in their homes who have registered their need to PT services for assessment and support purposes.
- Coordinate with the SPHP outreach team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the PwIs and other vulnerable groups when needed.
- Conduct trainings to families/caregivers of beneficiaries on home basic follow up exercises and ensure PT exercises are implemented after discharge.
- Use the physio-tool resources and share with beneficiaries, their families and caregivers according to their needs.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by HI during working services’ beneficiaries.
- Participate in the technical trainings that HI will conduct in order to improve the team members intervention quality with services’ beneficiaries.
- Report to SPHP project coordinator, using the monitoring tools and reports forms on daily weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- A minimum university degree in Physical Therapy
- A minimum of 5years’ experience, preferably in the rehabilitation of PwIs and PwDs.
- Very positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong command of spoken and written English
- Excellent Computer Skills ( Excel , PPP, Word)
Interested candidates may send their CV and a motivation letter to [email protected] no later than Saturday 28th July, 2018.
Please include the job title as Physiotherapist in the subject line of your application e-mail.
SPHP and HI are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities PwDs.
Only applicants live in Gaza are eligible to apply.
Recently, HI in collaboration with its partners partners delivered a training course on Emergency Preparedness and Humanitarian Response for 250 selected volunteers, of those in particular are highly welcome to apply.