The Productivity and Urban Renewal in East Jerusalem
The Arab Chamber of commerce and industry/Jerusalem– Beit- Hanina
The Arab Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACoCI) was established in 1936 in Jerusalem for supporting the industry and commercial activities, with a vision of strengthening the Palestinian economy in the City, revitalizing Jerusalemite identity and supporting Palestinian economy at large through expanding the members’ base of traders and industrialists, defending their rights and regulating their work, as well as encouraging investments for creating enabling environment for improving business productivity.
The Productivity and Urban Renewal in East Jerusalem (PURE) Programme, implemented by UNDP/PAPP and funded by the European Union and the Islamic Development Bank, aims at supporting the resilience of Palestinians residing in East Jerusalem, by improving their socio-economic conditions, through urban revitalization of two key commercial centres in the city, namely Salah Eddin and Sultan Suleiman streets. The programme also intends to foster economic development and encourage private sector investment in the two centres, especially through retailing and tourism. It will create an enabling environment for competitive and attractive commercial opportunities, support productivity, and foster social cohesion and cultural heritage. It is anticipated that over 120 commercial and 50 business activities will directly benefit from the programme, including 350-400 businesspersons and workers. Approximately 16,000 work days will also be generated throughout the implementation of the programme interventions, especially in infrastructure
The Arab Chamber of Commerce & Industry – Jerusalem (ACoCI) is the main national counterpart to UNDP, EU and IsDB in this strategic initiative, and is considered one of the central partners to ensure the sustainability, scaling up and successful replication of this urban revitalization model in other areas of the city. Consequently, the ACoCI will be actively engaged in supporting the implementation of activities, especially in the areas pertaining to business development support and legal assistance to the targeted enterprises. More specifically ACoCI will guide the following areas:
- Providing business development services to existing businesses, and potential start-ups;
- Promoting strategic public-private partnerships relevant to the two centres (Culture, tourism, youth & women empowerment can be promising areas for public-private cooperation).
- Providing or facilitating legal aid and financial services to targeted businesses (this may also benefit other businesses in the city). This could be achieved through availing a legal clinic-like function to provide finance, legal and tax-related support services and advice to shop owners. Providing or facilitating legal support for urban planning; expansion and problem-solving. This can also include the development of a legal clinic-like approach to attend to matters related to urban planning and issuance of construction licenses and approvals.
In this context, the ACoCI is seeking one candidate to fill the position of “Administrative assistant” to facilitate the implementation of project components related to legal and business development as well as the business community targeted by the Programme. The Administration assistant shall work under the overall guidance of the Director of the ACoCI, and the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
The expected duration for the position is six months on service contract, with possibility for extension upon satisfactory performance as well as availability of funding under the project.
- Key Functions:
- Professionalism - Knowledge of the UN systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records
- Ability to work independently and to maintain flexibility in working hours.
- Planning and Organising – Demonstrated effective organisational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines
- Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts. Communication – Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally.
- Assist the project team in generation and dissemination of high quality information about project
- Activities among national and international stakeholders.
- Ensure that UNDP procurement rules are followed in procurement activities carried out
- Project and bear the responsibility for the inventory of the project assets.
- Perform in due time personnel matters, i.e. contracts, attendance records, monthly leave report,
- Salaries for the staff members.
- Perform preparatory work for mandatory and general Budget Revisions, annual physical
- Inventory and auditing and assist external evaluators in fulfilling their mission.
- Provide assistance in all logistics arrangements concerning project implementation.
- Personal and Functional Competencies:
- Results driven and ability to achieve tasks within deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and ability interact successfully with different stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with strong problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Proven ability to draft, edit and produce written proposals and results-focused reports with as well financial reports
- Proven working experience with Government, civil society, international organizations and donors.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work.
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication within the team and the stakeholders.
- Creating synergies through self-control.
- Managing conflict with experience in finance
- Learning and sharing knowledge.
- Promoting learning and knowledge management.
- Familiarity with UN Financial Regulations and Rules is an asset.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education: University degreein accounting and finance.
Experience: At least 2 years of administrative assistance experience, of which preferably; experience in providing assistance in project coordination and implementation.
Languages: Arabic fluent, English very good. (Working Knowledge in Hebrew language would be an asset).
Please send your applications to the following email addresses: [email protected] before the closing date 09/09/2018 until 12:00 pm.
- Only Jerusalem ID