CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
Programs Manager, under the supervision of Program Coordinator, is responsible for carrying out responsible for the overall management of projects/ programs in West Bank, and s/he will work in close cooperation with SIF teams as following:
- Identify (in coordination with the mission/region staff) thematic areas to conduct need assessments ensuring that complete methodologies are employed and findings are presented to winning grant applications;
- Responsible for leading the processes of successfully developing long term Childhood Protection, Food Security, WASH & Shelter projects for institutional funding;
- Participate in human resources including recruitment & performance appraisal for programs’ staff, in addition to the logistic, procurement & financial management related to programs.
Program Development and Resource Mobilization
- In consultation with all actors including office staff, local authorities, communities and non-state actors, prepare project/program proposals & submit & present these proposals to potential funding donors aiming to alleviate the suffering of local people;
- Supervise & develop procedures that promote best practice & lead to improved office capacity to source and manage sustainable & proper funding;
- In consultation with other divisions in SIF, identify and develop relationships with potential new funding agencies and keep up to date with donor policies, application, and reporting processes and potential NGO funding opportunities;
- Provide assistance & support on the management of office’s funding contracts, including advising on issues of capacity building work, risk mitigation strategies and timely and accurate reporting, monitoring, and evaluation practices across office projects/programs.
Representation, Information and Communications
- In close coordination with HQ, represents SIF to donors, UN agencies, INGOs, & clusters;
- Represent SIF to donors, UN, international and national NGOs, and national authorities when needed;
- Ensure smooth communication from office to HQ & vice versa and between office & other actors including partners & donors when required;
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects
- Ensure the implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of SIF’s projects under the guidance of the MEAL & Programs Coordinator;
- Assure a good internal follow-up of projects in accordance with the project cycle, logical framework, timeframe, reporting and the general objectives already fixed;
- Evaluate and up-date projects’ needs (HR, financing, logistics), following the directions of the MEAL & Programs Coordinator;
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in business administration or related fields and equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience relevant to managing programs, including proposal & report writings; planning; implementation, monitoring, evaluation, budgeting;
- Experience in developing links with NGOs; INGOs, government agencies & other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in strategic thinking and fundraising which would lead to growing the organization thoughtfully and strategically;
- Ability to build, manage and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively & participating in a highly consultative process for decision making;
- Demonstrated ability to generate and express ideas innovatively;
- Ability to cope with situations of high risk in compliance with security measures;
- Ability to work under pressure in the social, political, & physical environments of West Bank.
- Ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines;
- Excellent written and spoken English & Arabic, French is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Very good computer skills: MS Office (especially Word and Excel);
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
- Location: West Bank
- Duration: 1 year (renewable)
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Programs Manager: (Ref # 2021/08)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings only in English, and as a word or PDF document:
- Motivation letter with the name of the position and Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 04:00 p.m. on the 18th August 2021 to the following e-mail address:
Sending emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer