Qatar Red Crescent Society (QRCS) is an International Humanitarian Organization and a member of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. QRCS started its representation in Gaza on January 2008 in order to address emergency and humanitarian needs in Gaza Strip.
QRC Program Operations and Projects Management in Gaza
- Reporting to the QRCS Gaza Office Director, responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of QRCS Projects and programs in Gaza - including selection of human and physical resources, adherence and enforcement of policies and procedures, and ensuring the highest quality of service provision.
- Supervise and support projects’ Coordinators and officers.
- As appropriate and feasible, assist Gaza office Director to develop and monitor budget for the programmatic operations of the Gaza projects.
- Under the overall direction of the QRCS Gaza Office Director, responsible for the development and implementation of projects and grant activities in Gaza including:
- Coordination of needs assessment as needed and agreed upon by QRCS Gaza Office Director;
- Organize and assure participation of beneficiary organizations throughout projects development phase and needs assessments;
- Coordination of projects’ selection and review process;
- Ensure selected grant activities address QRCS requirements and findings of relevant needs assessments;
- Direct the work priorities and distribution of assignments within the QRCS Gaza Programs;
- Select and supervise the development of projects proposals for presentation to the QRCS Gaza Programs for onward submission to the QRCS HQ;
- Ensure goals established for Gaza projects are achieved (geographical spread, marginalized groups, pipeline flow, speed, and quality);
- Responsible for effective and on-going monitoring and evaluation of projects under implementation;
- Alert QRCS Gaza Office Director to any significant deviations from the agreed project implementation plans and propose possible solutions, including modifications or amendments to the project agreement;
- Ensure that all projects are successfully completed and properly closed-out; and
- Provide timely and accurate information to QRCS including Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Analysis component.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent), preferably in one health related discipline, or a first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted
- At least 7+ years’ experience in health programs development and fund raising;
- Experience in designing, implementing, and monitoring/evaluating programs
- Strong experience of representation at all levels, specially, with local and International counterparts.
- Strong report and proposal writing skills.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience of team leadership and staff management.
- Experience of proactively identifying and addressing issues.
- An understanding of and commitment to QRCS’s mission and values.
Qualified candidates should send their CVs with a cover letter to the following email:
before end of 4 March 2018.