The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) has been active in the West Bank and Gaza for 26 years. Under its new Cooperation Programme 2021-2024 SDC wishes to recruit immediately in its office in East-Jerusalem a fulltime
National Programme Officer for the Domain “Inclusive Economic Development, Youth Employment and Innovation”
Under the Deputy Director of Cooperation, the person will be responsible for developing, monitoring and supervising a number of cooperation projects and programmes. This includes identifying new project ideas and possible partners, preparing appraisal documents, writing credit proposals for HQ, effective operational and financial monitoring of the projects, coordinating reviews, audit and/or evaluations of the projects, report writing and networking with private and public organizations and other donors. Working in close coordination with the IED team, he/she will represent SDC in technical meetings, will contribute to the SDC sector policy dialogue and ensure high quality and relevance of the SDC engagement in the field of Inclusive Economic development, Youth Employment and Innovation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Candidates possessing the following skills and qualifications are invited to apply for this post:
- A Master’s degree in Economic Development or any relevant and equivalent degree;
- At least 5 years of working experience in a position in this field, preferably with an international organization or bilateral development cooperation;
- Good knowledge of private sector dynamics in the oPt context, opportunities and challenges for innovative and inclusive job opportunities;
- Knowledge of the innovation and the tech start-up ecosystem in the OPT; proven ability to develop innovative cooperation schemes connecting different actors of the system.
Furthermore, candidates should dispose of
- Excellent writing skills in English and Arabic, analytical, conceptual and planning skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Gender sensitive approaches and strategies benefiting women and youth
- Familiar with standards of international development cooperation
- Ability to travel to the Gaza Strip
- West Bank/ Israeli valid driving license.
Please send your detailed CV, specifying educational background and professional experience and a cover letter with motivation in English to the following address of the SDC East Jerusalem office under the title “Job application IED”: [email protected] by September 15, 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.