National Programme Officer for Local Governance
The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) is the agency for international cooperation of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA). Since 1994, the Swiss Cooperation Office Gaza and West Bank (SCO) supports governmental and non-governmental partners, both bilaterally and through multilateral cooperation.
The SCO is recruiting a National Program Officer (NPO) for the Domain 2 “Effective service delivery through local governance” starting in February/March 2018.
The NPO will mainly be responsible for developing, monitoring and supervising the projects of the local governance domain. This includes preparing appraisal documents, effective operational and financial monitoring, steering of the projects and partners and policy dialogue with partner organisations, Palestinian authorities and other donors.
Candidates possessing the following skills and qualifications are invited to apply for this post:
- Advanced university degree and completed master’s degree
- A minimum of 8 years of proven experience in a project management position in a development agency, international organisation, non-governmental organisation or public institution
- Expertise in governance, in particular local governance, decentralisation, strengthening of civil society and social accountability
- Familiarity with international standards relating to development cooperation and humanitarian assistance
- Experience in fieldwork and readiness to undertake field visits to the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, capable of dealing with persons of different cultural backgrounds and being an active team member
- Excellent writing skills and ability to draft documents and reports for professional use
- Excellent command of Arabic and English, both spoken and written. Knowledge of French, Italian or German would be an asset
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter in English to the following address under the title “Job application NPO”:
until 15th December 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.