Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP) works for the health and dignity of
Palestinians living under occupation and as refugees. MAP is the
leading UK charity delivering health and medical care to those worst
affected by conflict, occupation and displacement, in the occupied
Palestinian territory and Lebanon.
Job Purpose: To support Emergency and Complex Hospital Care (ECHC)
programme’s implementation in Gaza as appropriate to MAP’s culture
Hours: Full-time /8:00 am – 3:30 pm (Sunday – Thursday).
Reporting to: ECHC Programme Manager.
Internal relationships: Senior Programme Manager, ECHC Programme Manager, Programme
Officers, Programme Assistants, Advocacy and Communication
Officer, Procurement Department, and Finance Department.
Contract: One year, extendable if needed.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Support technical committees of MAP with preparing the tables to be used in the analysis, organising samples, taking notes, writing the decisions, and chasing signatures.
- Follow-up on delivery of items with related MAP officers, procurement department and authorities.
- Document the delivery of items via printing stickers, banners and others visibility materials & conducting photography, videography and/or through coordinating with media companies to implement visibility work needed.
- Use the Health Cluster website to enter the tracking data of MAP’s procurement through the online platform for Partners Activity Reporting (PAR).
- Support, contribute to and facilitate the implementation of medical missions with all related
activities, logistical requirements, and stock follow-up.
- Support ECHC team in implementation and organization of MEAL related activities.
- Support ECHC team with the organization of meetings either (online & direct), activities,
workshop, symposiums, training, and any other programme related activities.
- Support the mobility of the volunteers on the field and ensure security guidelines are
implemented actively through the process.
- Help programme teams in inventory counting efforts of shipments arriving to Gaza.
- Assist ECHC team in collection of data for stories, anecdotes, and other fundraising/advocacy
- Support the mission, ethos and values of MAP.
- Carry out other associated duties as may arise in line with the broad remit of the position.
- Support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace.
- Work collaboratively with others in all aspects of our work.
- Represent and be an ambassador for MAP.
- Be flexible and carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop, or be assigned in line with the broad remit of the position.
- Maintain and improve competencies through continuous professional development.
- Abide by organisational policies, codes of conduct and practices.
- Treat with confidentiality any personal, private, or sensitive information about individual organisations and or clients or staff and MAP data.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 1 year working with INGOs/NGOs in a similar position.
Skills and abilities.
- Open minded, self-controlled, self-learner, and flexible.
- Organised able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and under difficult circumstances and occasionally after working hour and during the weekend.
- Diplomatic and sensitive to cross-cultural issues.
- Respect/follow the applied security guidelines and keep the confidentiality of assigned tasks.
- A valid driving license is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Very good IT skills including excel and spreadsheets.
- A university degree preferred in a health-related field.
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Tact, polite, and able to handle difficult situations and solve problem.
- Understand the work of MAP and commitment to our mission and services.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
Candidates should download and fill the application form and equal opportunities form at the following link:
and send it to [email protected] by midnight on [22-August-2023].
Please write “Programme Assistant (ECHC) Application – [your name]” in the email subject line.
Do not attach CVs or any other documents - all information should be within the application form.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.