Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Regional Office Palestine & Jordan is looking for a
Programme and Political Communication Manager
The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (www.rosalux.de) is a German political foundation founded in 1990 as a provider of civic education and a center for progressive social research. RLS supports partners striving for social justice around the world and to strengthen public participation in political processes. RLS is affiliated with the German Left Party. RLS Regional Office Palestine & Jordan is based in Ramallah – Palestine. It is cooperating with partner organizations in the Palestinian Territories and in Jordan, as well as it is implementing its own activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining the overall political communication strategy of the office together with Head of Office and Programme Manager, incl. development and the regular update of an attractive multilingual website, other social media platforms presence and development of newsletter, materials to the public and the press etc.
- Conceptualizing, planning, implementing and following-up of workshops, seminars, conferences, delegations and visiting programmes etc.
- Contribute to the analysis of current political, economic and legal developments in the Palestinian Territories, including the publication of articles and reports for a predominantly German target audience;
- Conceptualizing of commentary and analysis papers, studies, research projects, and ensuring proper/effective follow-up with authors
- Networking and establishing of contacts with academic institutions, intellectuals, civil society organizations and the media in the region, Germany and beyond
- Support in strategy development and impact-oriented planning as well as monitoring and evaluation. Participation in the strategic development of the overall program and possibly identification of new partner organizations
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Professional and personal requirements:
- MA. in regional or political sciences, or any related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a similar position
- Experience in drafting and executing media and communications strategies and materials to the public and the press.
- Experience in international networks or international organizations in the project region as well as cooperation with non-governmental organizations, social movements or other actors of civil society in the project region as well as in Germany / Europe
- Familiar with left debates in the programme region and Germany
- Identification with leftist ideas and objectives of RLS
- Excellent command of spoken and written German and English. Arabic is an asset.
- Willingness to travel
- Progressive person with proven strong communication, writing and management skills.
Starting date for this full-time position is 2. January 2020 or as soon as possible. We do offer a competitive local Palestinian contract.
- CV (including name and contact details of three reference persons) (in English)
- One page motivation/cover letter (in English)
- Work samples
Please submit your complete application via Email to: [email protected] no later than 20.November 2019. Only short-listened candidates will be contacted.