Program Consultant for RLS Program in Jordan (service contract)
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) is a German political foundation that is active throughout Germany and internationally. In the spirit of its namesake, the socialist Rosa Luxemburg, it seeks to promote peace, democracy, social justice, and democratic socialism. With our worldwide network of offices, RLS pursues pluralism, democracy and social, economic and gender justice.
The RLS Regional Office Palestine & Jordan is looking for a program consultant based in Jordan to support the implementation of their Jordan-program.
The successful applicant will work as contractor (one year).
Context of the Program
The RLS program in Jordan focuses on activities that strengthen labor and socio-economic rights as well as political participation in Jordan.
Objectives of the Program Consulting
The program consultant is expected to work towards the following objectives:
- Supporting and developing the network of RLS in Jordan
- Cooperation and follow up reg. RLS activities in Jordan
- Continuous (project) reporting to RLS
- Connecting all aspects of the program and taking care about cross cutting topics of RLS
- Monitoring, evaluating, and documenting the program/work of partners
- Conducting administrative and organizational aspects of the program Preparing digital and personal meetings with colleagues from RLS Regional Office Palestine & Jordan as well as from Headquarters
- Reporting on political developments in/on Jordan
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A high level of expertise in the political, social, and economic situation and current developments in Jordan
- A high level of knowledge of the Jordan progressive scenery (actors, streams, challenges etc.)
- A high level of knowledge of international discourses, debates, and cooperation related to Jordan
- Interest in working in an international context, including travelling
- Experience in organizing programs for delegations visits
- Providing briefings on political, social and economic issues to visiting delegations
- Experience in working with groups, administration, organization
- Experience in monitoring of and contributing to applications for third party funding (partner)
- Expert communication and cooperation skills, highly self-organized, self-reflective, conflict sensitive, team player, and with a proactive approach to work
- Language requirements: very good spoken and written English, Arabic
The application must include a CV and a cover letter that states why the candidate is suited to this role and desired honorarium. In addition, the candidate is requested to name up to three reference persons, who can be contacted by the RLS selection committee.
Please send applications via email with the subject line “Program Consulting Jordan” to [email protected] by August 31, 2022. The interviews are scheduled for September 2022. In case of any questions regarding the call, please feel free to contact Karin Gerster via Email.
Please note that receipts of applications will not be confirmed.