The Program Director of the Tantur Ecumenical Institute, with the guidance and supervision
of the Rector, is responsible for overseeing and leading the administration of the Institute’s
Continuing Education Programs and other occasional courses for outside groups. In
collaboration with the Rector, the Program Director provides an overall vision for the
Institute’s Continuing Education Programs (CEPs), implements them, assesses the efficacy of
every dimension of the programs, and makes adjustments based on evaluations. The Program
Director also collaborates with the Rector in implementing the marketing efforts which lead
to enrollment in the Institute’s programs. The Program Director resides at Tantur, which is
located in Israel in the southern part of Jerusalem, overlooking Bethlehem.
The Tantur Ecumenical Institute was founded by Pope Paul VI and entrusted to the
stewardship of the University of Notre Dame. Pope Paul VI desired that the Institute would
contribute to the healing of divisions between Christians and would quicken in Christians a
commitment to building bridges amongst peoples. Since Tantur’s founding, the Institute has
been a center of scholarship, pilgrimage, and prayer amongst Christians and, increasingly,
between Jews and Muslims. The Institute hosts a variety of programs aimed at scholars,
clergy, and others interested in the mission of the Institute.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Continuing Education Programs: In collaboration with the Rector, the Program
- Organizes and leads Tantur’s Continuing Education Programs (CEPs). This
o Thematize and design the curriculum and the schedule, oversee the
booking of lecturers, tour guides, transportation, and hotel rooms for
excursions, and update courses based on assessment;
o Close collaboration with the Tantur’s Director of Reservations and Guest
Services regarding “on campus” housing and accommodations of program
- Maintaining close, collaborative relationships with tour guides, lecturers, and
other significant church or civic leaders.
- Assists in engaging program participants in theological and spiritual reflection.
- Oversee the Program Coordinator and any interns working with Program Office.
2. Online/Live-Stream Programs: In collaboration with the Rector, the Program
Director will help thematize, design, oversee, and manage any and all live-stream
online programing. This will involve close collaboration with Tantur Ecumenical
Institute’s tour-guides, lecturers, and institutional partners.
3. Custom Programs: The Program Director serves as the principal contact with
outside groups wishing to collaborate with the Tantur Ecumenical Institute in order to
facilitate their customized programs in the Holy Land. Within defined service
agreements and cost structures, the Program Director assists groups with the planning
and implementation of their visits to the Holy Land.
4. Community and Spiritual Ethos:
- Actively participates in the community life and prayer life of the Tantur
- Collaborates with the Rector in building an ethos of prayer, hospitality,
ecumenism, and encounter at the Tantur Ecumenical Institute;
- Collaborates with the Rector and others in leading some of the prayer services.
5. Communications and Marketing: The Program Director collaborates with the
- Implementing a communications and marketing strategy aimed at reaching target
participation levels in the Institute’s Ecumenical Formation Programs and Custom
- Work with others in the Program Office to oversee regular updating and efficacy
of the Tantur Ecumenical Institute Website.
- Assist others in the Program Office in oversight and updating of mailing lists.
- Collaborate with the Rector in maintaining and expanding ecumenical
partnerships that further the mission of Tantur Ecumenical Institute.
6. Administration and Stewardship Resources: In collaboration with the University
of Notre Dame at Tantur, the Office of Mission Engagement and Church Affairs
(OMECA) at the University of Notre Dame, and the Rector, the Program Director:
- Determines budgets for Ecumenical Formation Programs, service agreements, and
cost structures for the Customized Programs;
- Ensures that the Institute achieves revenue and expense targets for Ecumenical
Formation Programs and Custom Programs.
- Oversee the Program Coordinator and any interns working with Program Office
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Requirements and preferences for Job applicants:
- Fluency in English. Optional: Arabic and/or Hebrew
- Masters’ level degree preferred
- 3-5 years of" "program management" and/or "pilgrimage planning" experience
- 3-5 years of pastoral experience is highly recommended and preferred
- Involvement in ecumenism or ecumenically-related work experiences
- Well-developed IT skills: Zoom conferencing, web site management, managing mail
lists, WORD, and Excel;
- Budget management skills
- Tour Guide/Travel Agency experience preferable
- Collaborative “team” work experience
- Ability to creatively strategize and thematize a curriculum for group experiences
- Ability to lead others in spiritual reflection and occasional prayer services for
- Effective “communication” and “people skills” for building “community” in the midst
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة