The Finance Assistant plays a crucial role in maintaining accurate financial records, analyzing financial data, and providing valuable insights to support informed decision-making within the organization. This role requires a thorough understanding of accounting principles, strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Enter and categorize financial transactions into the accounting system
- Maintain accurate records of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Process invoices, receipts, payments, and purchase orders
- Reconcile bank statements, credit card statements, and other financial documents
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between records and statements
- Generate reports such as balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Prepare reports detailing financial position and performance
- Assist the Director of Finance & Operations in the monthly payroll process
- Assist in preparing annual budgets and financial forecasts
- Assist in monitoring budgeted versus actual expenses.
- Process accounts payable transactions, including verifying invoices, reconciling vendor statements, and making timely payments
- Manage accounts receivable functions, including generating invoices, tracking payments, and following up on overdue accounts
- Communicate with vendors regarding payment inquiries and discrepancies
- Provide exceptional service to students/guests/program participants who may have questions about their invoices.
- Maintain organized and secure financial records, both physical and digital.
- Ensure compliance with record retention policies.
- Assist in analyzing financial data to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement.
- Provide insights to support strategic decision-making.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields
- Solid understanding of financial principles and accounting procedures
- Proficiency in using accounting software (esp. “Hashavshevet”) and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in financial data entry and analysis.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Prior experience in finance, accounting, or administrative roles is preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and compliance standards is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- English is a must. Arabic and/or Hebrew proficiency is an asset.
**To apply for this position, candidates must possess either a valid work permit in Jerusalem or a Jerusalem ID**
Following the mission of University of Notre Dame, the Jerusalem Global Gateway seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female candidates and candidates from all religious and cultural backgrounds that will enhance our community.
Intrested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
Only qualified candidates will receive invitations to participate in the interview process.