The University of Notre Dame at Tantur (UNDT) was introduced in 2018, unifying and facilitating the academic initiatives of the Tantur Ecumenical Institute (TEI) and the Jerusalem Global Gateway (JGG) on behalf of the efforts of the University of Notre Dame in Jerusalem. UNDT collaborates with partners from different fields to provide academic and service-learning opportunities. Located on 36 acres of land, the 130,000 square-foot (ca. 13,000 square meters) facility includes 50 bedrooms, ten apartments, multiple meeting spaces, a 70,000-volume library, a chapel, and a large dining room. For more information please visit our webpage www.jerusalem.nd.edu.
The University seeks an experienced and well-rounded manager to take on the facility management of its property in Jerusalem. This includes drafting and executing long-term maintenance plans as well as supervising and supporting potential construction work and regular facility upgrades. The Facility Manager is expected to continuously enhance the maintenance standards, ensure the proper and safe functionality of machinery, equipment and furniture. The Facility Manager will report to the Director of Guest Services, and will supervise a team of 1 to 2.
In concert and collaboration with the Director of Guest Services and relevant colleagues from the University, the Facility Manager is responsible for the following:
- Drafts and executes long-term maintenance and safety plans for the facility
- Ensures (through supervision and own work) an ongoing maintenance operation for the property, including refrigeration, plumbing, water treatment, air/heating units, lighting, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, etc.
- Completes and retains inspection reports on a regular and timely basis, managing a log of larger and smaller repair needs
- Ensures property and equipment stand in line with applicable guidelines and regulations, notifying and suggesting proper remediation action for management when appropriate
- Maintains accurate records for all vehicles functioning status, monitors their repairs and timely service, in addition to their annual insurance and registration procedures
- Orders material and completes work assignments on time and by a specified date
- Hires and supervises external contractors when needed (e.g. technicians, construction workers etc.). This includes leading and/or supporting the drafting of requests for proposals when needed
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, recommends measures to improve production
- Implements, monitors and keeps record of all health and safety certifications, including but not limited to fire alarm, fume hoods, gas and fuel systems, electricity supply compliance, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Ensures the university complies with its emergency response plan and emergency action plan
- Supervise one or more of the following positions: Assistant Facility Manager, Maintenance Worker.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least five years of relevant work experience
- A relevant degree/certificate (e.g. engineering, technician, etc.) is an asset (not required)
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, and excellent interpersonal and management skills working within a multicultural, inter-faith team
- Strong sense of character, integrity, work ethic, and commitment to developing and sustaining relationships with a diverse constituency
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to communicate in either Hebrew and/or Arabic
- Right to work and to drive in Israel required
Following the mission of University of Notre Dame, UNDT seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female candidates and candidates from all religious and cultural backgrounds that will enhance our community.