Al- Tawasol Forum Society (TFS) is an NGO, registered with the Palestinian Interior Ministry holds a certificate of registration number 7536, was established in 2006 to activate the role of women, youth, children and the elderly and to integrate them into their societies.
TFS is implementing a 3-year project in partnership with Islamic Relief Palestine with generous fund from Islamic Relief Canada. The project aims to contribute to improving the social justice and resilience of citizens in Al Zawayda village through implementing inter-related & multi-dimensional interventions at duty-bearer level and the right-holder level. TFS is recruiting a qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Procurement Assistant
Position Type: Full time (100 %)
Location: Al-Tawasol Forum Society (TFS) Office, El-Nasserite, Middle Area
Duration: 12 months subject to be extended based of fund availability and performance evaluation
Starting Date: Based on fund secure, Expected: February 2023
Reports to: The Senior Accountant
- Preparing advertisements, Request for Quotation/Proposals, request for Price offers, Initiations to Bid, and coordination of their timely dispatch by hand, email or fax.
- Assist the project team in developing and tracking the project procurement through facilitating timely communication of procurement/purchase needs, status updates on the progress of all orders, and effective and efficient service delivery.
- Assist the project team in preparing, getting quotations, collecting supporting documents
- Collect, negotiate, and receive technical and financial proposals, and draft the evaluation to assist the evaluation committee members when and if required.
- Support in receiving, opening bids/quotations, preparing evaluation documents when needed.
- Support in coordinating with the finance department to avoid any discrepancy and to agree on the contract’s payment terms and supporting documents.
- Support the project coordinator -IGAs & livelihood- in building the capacities of beneficiaries in regard supply chains and procurement processes, collecting supporting documents and invoices that fulfill the grant disbursement .
- Maintain regular market research for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for TSF and update suppliers list.
- Ensure procurement & financial files are accurate and records are in compliance to TFS procurement policies, the filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Ensure that all payment invoices are reviewed and signed by the relevant staff/beneficiaries and submitted to the finance department, recorded in the register book, and that finance signs a confirmation of receipt.
- Handling all the fixed assets related tasks including the physical counting and updating all related records.
- Maintain updated soft and hard records of purchased products, delivery information, and invoices including the bookkeeping of financial transactions
- Maintain appropriate records (soft and hard copies) to ensure that the procurement process, decision, and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes.
- Support in other tasks requested by supervisor
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university in administration, accounting or other relevant filed.
- At least 3 years of experience working with local NGOs
- At least 2 years of relevant procurement experience
- Good knowledge of technical and operational aspects of procurement cycle.
- Experience in using the accounting system (Asseal) is an asset.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems.
- Good reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel).
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Al-Tawasol Forum Society (TFS) is mainstreaming of the gender concept; Female and persons with disability candidates are encouraged to apply for this position
- Interested candidates should submit their CVs, cover letter, certificates, and supporting documents in English through:
- Deadline for applications is 17/01/2023 at 12:00 PM.
- Any Arabic applications or applications that doesn’t fulfill the requested requirements or applications after 17/01/2023 will be ignored
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted