Al-Tawasol Forum Society (TFS) is an NGO, registered by the Palestinian Interior Ministry and holds a certificate of registration number 7536. TFS was established in 2006 to activate the role of women, youth, children, and the elderly and to integrate them into their societies.
TFS is implementing a 3-year project in partnership with Islamic Relief Palestine with generous fund from Islamic Relief Canada. The project aims to Improved interdependence, connectedness, and productivity of Russol-enrolled children in the Gaza Strip. TFS is recruiting a qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Project Accountant
Position Type: Full time (100 %)
Location: Al-Tawasol Forum Society (TFS) Office, El- Nuseirat, Middle Area
Duration: 12 months subject to be extended based of fund availability and performance evaluation
Starting Date: Based on fund secure, Expected: November 2023
Reports to: Finance Manager
- Managing the projects budget-by-budget formulation, controlling allocations, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the projects.
- Analyze, evaluate, and process all financial data of the project's activities.
- Recording and bookkeeping of financial transactions includes payments, receipts and another journal entries.
- Prepare payment requests and get the needed approvals with checking for correctness of expenditure lines and budget project codes against which the payment requests are issued.
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, in compliance with the financial obligations stated in the signed partnership agreement.
- Work closely with the financial manager and Project Coordinator and under financial supervision of financial manager, for budget follow up, proposed budget reallocations, cash forecast and other issues related to purchases.
- Prepare Monthly Cash flow forecasts and the bank reconciliation.
- Ensures the effective recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up and processes administrative and financial transactions in an accurate and timely way.
- Assist the project team in developing and tracking the project procurement through facilitating timely communication of procurement/purchase needs, status updates on the progress of all orders, and effective and efficient service delivery.
- Prepare monthly payroll sheets for staff salaries and maintain records of their income tax and insured that staff gets their salaries in time.
- Review the invoices, purchase requests and other supporting documents before prepare payment process.
- Make sure all accounting vouchers are reviewed and approved before entering data in Golden Asseal software program.
- Follow up the Bank account, payables, Receivables and donor's budgets on daily basis.
- Support the members of admin, project and procurement team in the follow up and implementation of current accounting regulations and ensure all admin staff adhere to organization procedures.
- Provide Logistic support and conduct procurements (obtain validated purchase requests, collect quotations, prepare summary bid analysis, and issue purchase orders) in accordance to established policies and procedures.
- Attend Tender opening committees to ensure competitiveness and quality in the submissions and document findings and monitor tendering processed in coordination with the procurement coordinator to ensure that tendering occur in accordance with the cooperation agreement and local laws.
- Interacted with external auditors in completing audits, and work with them closely upon request.
- Manage petty cash and make cash count every month according to Organization guidelines.
- Prepare checks and bank transfers for Organization according to Organization financial procedures and sign it by the authorized persons on timely basis.
- Support in coordinating with the finance department to avoid any discrepancy and to agree on the contract’s payment terms and supporting documents.
- Ensure procurement & financial files are accurate and records are in compliance to TFS procurement policies, the filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable.
- Ensure that all payments are reviewed and signed by the relevant staff/beneficiaries and submitted, recorded.
- Handling all the fixed assets related tasks including the physical counting and updating all related records.
- Maintain appropriate records (soft and hard copies) to ensure that the Payments and Receivables process, and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes.
- Maintain up to date archiving system for the financial reports, and staff work contracts. (Both soft and hard copies).
- Any other tasks requested by direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university in accounting or English accounting or Banking and Financial Sciences.
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting with NGOs.
- Experience in using the accounting system (Golden Asseal).
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel).
- Understanding of protection in humanitarian context.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Good interpersonal communication, negotiating and analytical skills;
- The applicant prefers live in Middle Area.
Al-Tawasol Forum Society (TFS) is mainstreaming of the gender concept; Female and persons with disability candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, cover letter, Academic certificates, practical experiences, and supporting documents in English through:
Deadline for applications is 15/10/2023 at 12:00 PM.
Any Arabic applications or applications that doesn’t fulfill the requested requirements or applications after 15/10/2023 at 12:00 PM will be ignored.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.