Al-Tawasol Forum Society (TFS) is an NGO, registered by the Palestinian Interior Ministry and holds a certificate of registration number 7536. TFS was established in 2006 to activate the role of women, youth, children, and the elderly and to integrate them into their societies.
TFS is implementing a 3-year project in partnership with Islamic Relief Palestine with generous fund from Islamic Relief Canada. The project aims to Improved interdependence, connectedness, and productivity of Russol-enrolled children in the Gaza Strip. TFS is recruiting a qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Project Assistant
Position Type: Full time (100 %)
Location: Al-Tawasol Forum Society (TFS) Office, El- Nuseirat, Middle Area
Duration: 12 months subject to be extended based of fund availability and performance evaluation…12 months (renewable, based on performance evaluation on availability of fund)
Starting Date: Based on fund secure, Expected: October 2023
Reports to: Project Coordinator
- Assisting the project coordinator in implementing the project work plan to meet the project objectives.
- Providing administrative support to project managers, including scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and preparing reports
- Follow up implementing of activities with partners through trainings, meetings, workshops, campaigns, open days and other project activities.
- Organize meetings, workshops, and trainings as requested.
- Participation of the project coordinator in the effective coordination of project activities in line with the various components of the project, and with the relevant stakeholders.
- Follow up the implementation of workshops for children in partnership with various partners.
- Commitment to attend all trainings and meetings related to the project and submit reports to project coordinator.
- Preparing all administrative papers and weekly plans for the team and handing them over to the supervisor.
- Follow up on project financial statement, payments and financial reports with the participation of the project and finance officer.
- Participate in procurement in terms of planning, commissions and reports.
- Maintain effectively project participant’s database and produce reader-friendly presentations.
- Participate in feeding the project reports, sharing field challenges, complaints, success & best practices.
- Maintain efficient project documentation and archiving system of project.
- Assisting in preparing the success stories, case studies and media coverage.
- Support the implementation of MEAL activities in coordination with the MEAL Coordinator at Carrying out any other works assigned to him/her related to the project activities.
- Conduct field visits to clubs to monitor work.
- Participating in identifying the needs of clubs.
- Participating in selecting the beneficiary.
- Perform any other tasks and duties as necessary throughout the project period.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Development or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar projects with NGOs or INGOs.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with minimum supervision, and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel).
Overall, a Project Assistant plays a critical role in supporting the successful completion of projects, ensuring that project teams are organized, on schedule, and meeting their objectives
Al-Tawasol Forum Society (TFS) is mainstreaming of the gender concept; Female and persons with disability candidates are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, cover letter, certificates, and supporting documents in English through:
Deadline for applications is 15/10/2023 at 12:00 PM.
Any Arabic applications or applications that doesn’t fulfill the requested requirements or applications after 15/10/2023 at 12:00 PM will be ignored
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.