War Child is an independent and impartial international non-governmental child rights organization investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. With a focus on child protection, mental health, and psychosocial support, we strive to empower children and young people, while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict-affected children and young people. War Child has been working in the oPt since 2004 and has offices in Jerusalem, Hebron, Nablus, and Gaza.
Reporting to Head of Operations
Contract duration: 12 months, with the possibility of renewal based on the high performance and availability of funds.
Job Summary/ Scope of Work
The Procurement and Logistics Senior Officer is responsible for implementing the Logistics Policy. S/he is responsible to ensure all related procurement and logistics activities are in line with global War Child standards, local law, and donors' guidelines, regulations, and instructions of departments at the Amsterdam Office. The Procurement and Logistics Senior Officer is part of the Operations Department which supports the Program department, MEAL unit and the Country Director in implementing the annual plans, projects, procurement, etc.
S/he is required to contribute to the development and improvement of the organization's plans, and reports, and to guide capacity building on technical areas for project staff and local partner organizations.
This role includes a first-line supervisory position and the Procurement and Logistics Senior Officer is responsible for overseeing the daily work activities of the Operations Assistant.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility 1: Procurement & Logistics Management
50% of time
- Carry out the implementation of the WC Logistic Policy.
- Work with the Projects team in preparing and updating the annual procurement and logistics plans in order to enhance the processes.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the procurement and logistics process in accordance with projects' deliverables.
- Evaluate existing procurement and logistics operations/systems/workflows/templates and provide recommendations for corrective actions.
- Strengthen and maintain a rigorous, accountable, and transparent procurement system in strict compliance with WC’s policies and procedures, local law, and donor rules, guidance, requirements, and regulations.
- Oversee procurement and management of supplies, service and supplier contracts, vehicles, equipment, assets, stock, and ICTs.
- Ensure asset/equipment management according to WCH policy.
- Oversee the daily work activities of the Operations Assistant.
Job Responsibility 2: Vendor Management
10% of time
- Regularly maintain a database of local suppliers, including track records of past performance and framework agreements.
- Conduct market surveys/studies for new potential vendors and contribute to the process of evaluation for enlistment into the vendor list.
- Contribute to making the final decision on supply source, price, and delivery schedule.
- Establish contractual agreements with preferred vendors or indefinite-quantity contracts (IQCs).
- Prepare and manage suppliers' and third parties’ contracts.
- Maintain positive vendor relations.
Job Responsibility 3: Travel & Fleet Management
20% of time
- Implement WC Travel Policy.
- Manage car rental and transport contracts and ensure WC rental vehicles are serviced, equipped, and maintained according to SMP.
- Ensure proper recording of fleet management (e.g. log books) according to WCH/donor policy.
- Analyze and monitor vehicle usage and rental to maximize efficiency and ensure timely program implementation.
- Support staff to ensure adherence to transport and relevant safety standards in compliance with WC’s Country Security Management Plan.
Job Responsibility 4: Reporting & Compliance
10% of time
- Prepare regular, timely, and accurate reports and document flow as needed.
- Write relevant sections of internal and external reporting, including the 4/8/12M, as well as Annual and Strategic Plan documents.
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption.
- Ensure WCH fully complies with the WC Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding, and Ethical Procurement Guidelines, and document all screening results for future reference.
Job Responsibility 5: Information & Communication
10% of time
- Provide training sessions on WCH and donors’ procurement processes and related policies to partner staff.
- Provide directions to ensure that all information is available for procurement to act on.
- Participate in relevant internal and external country, regional and global working and information-sharing groups.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience in Finance, logistics, procurement, and/or security management, preferably with an (I)NGO.
- Demonstrated knowledge of logistics, procurement, and security is an added value.
- Strong planning and decision-making skills.
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft office, especially Excel and Word.
- Ability to work (including driving).
- Flexibility and hands-on mentality.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- Advanced reporting and writing skills.
- Ability to identify needs/gaps and recommend solutions.
- Excellent management skills, teamwork, and flexibility.
- Advanced oral and written skills in English and Arabic.
To apply please send your one-page letter of motivation and CV to [email protected] by December 15th, 2023, citing Procurement and Logistics Senior Officer in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.