The purpose of this job is to co-ordinate and support the implementation of Palestinian Associations of Farmers Union (AFU) advocacy plan and policy projects as well as management of the advocacy and policy interventions. In addition, the job requires delivering, coordinating policy, lobbying, advocating and conducting research analysis across agricultural sector priority issues to support the resilience of the Palestinian farmers.
Specifically, this job aims to:
- Coordinate the PAFU projects interventions and campaigns, and assist PAFU to develop these projects and campaigns.
- Help PAFU to develop, implement, and monitor projects and campaigns.
- Assist PAFU to develop and deliver advocacy messages and shape campaigns.
- With support from PAFU director develop the evaluation matrix and projects reports.
- Assist in conducting evidence based studies and researches prior to launch any advocacy campaign.
- In liaison with the director and other related PAFU members, develop and implement PAFU policy and advocacy plan.
- Conduct, manage, monitor and report on advocacy and policy interventions and campaigns.
- Develop and maintain relations with farmers and their representative bodies, and other key actors to ensure the development and implementation of more effective policies in support of farmers.
- Mobilize farmers to participate effectively in in PAFU campaigns.
- Ensure relevant linkages are made between PAFU different projects and units/field offices.
- Assist shaping the focus of PAFU policy and advocacy work, including providing assistance and support and support to PAFU to develop PAFU messages and campaigns.
- Assist PAFU branches to conduct district based campaigns and provide necessary advocacy trainings for branches when and as needed.
Assist the drafting of funding reports, and funding proposals for partners/donors as appropriate.
-Minimum 3 years’ experience in NGO work particularly on agricultural sector policy research, advocacy work.
-Rigorous analytical skills and proven ability to write policy papers, briefings and articles.
-Proven ability to work collaboratively with other NGOs.
-Experience of lobbying within political and government sectors.
-Experience of producing high quality reports and policy materials for different audiences.
-Ability to communicate complex messages in both English and Arabic.
-Proficiency in Microsoft office programs.
Interested candidates can send their CVs along with Cover Letter to [email protected] . Deadline for sending CVs and cover letters is July 16, 2018 at 4 pm. Only selected candidates for the interview will be contacted.