Background about the Employer
F4J-CS is a Private Limited Company, based in Ramallah, with investment capital from local and international investors, and is responsible for performance management of impact investments aimed towards contracting and overseeing Service Providers that will provide youth employment services for Palestinian youth aged 18 to 29, in the West Bank and Gaza, with a minimum 30% female representation.
This impact investment is in the form of a Development Impact Bond (DIB), an outcomes-based contract that F4J-CS holds with DAI Global (DAI) that implements the Finance for Jobs (F4J) Project on behalf of the Ministry of Finance and Planning (MoFP), and with funding from the World Bank (WB).
Through DAI, the WB and the MoFP (as Outcome Funders) will repay F4J-CS if, and only if, the services succeed in achieving the targeted job outcomes, that will be checked by Deloitte, playing the role of the Independent Verification Agent (IVA). Those proceeds will be used to fund on-going operations and repay investors.
Brief about the position
This is a full-time position, based in Ramallah, with an expected start date in October/November 2021. The position works within the DIB Management team and reports directly to the DIB Executive Director.
As the Performance and Data analyst, you will lead the analysis, interpretation and visualization of performance data collected by your colleagues, the Performance Management Team (PMT) and provide the information (data analysis) needed to help improve decision making and lead to successful implementation of the DIB.
You will also actively participate in the continued refinement of the Data Management System (Apricot System, managed by the Gallery Partnership, and powered by Amazon Web Services) and PowerBi (PBi) system (a data visualization and business intelligence system, powered by Microsoft), as well as supporting the refinement of the Dashboards/interface on PBi.
The analysis will enable a better oversight and performance management by the DIB team of the projects’ implementation by local Service Provider partners. You will be critical to identifying priority areas for adaptive management to ensure that the DIB programme is continually applying learning to improve operational performance and achieve targeted job outcomes.
In coordination with the Performance management team, will support local Service Providers to incorporate learnings from data analysis and reporting in future implementation, this is a key driver in attaining strong and consistent performance in operational delivery of their employment projects.
You will report to the Executive Director and work in close collaboration with a diverse set of stakeholders:
- Performance Management Team (PMT), who oversee the implementation of youth employment Projects
- Local Service Providers implementing the above-mentioned projects
- The company’s Finance Department,
- Social Finance UK (DIB advisors)
- The company investors and its Board of Directors, and
- The DIB Outcomes Funders.
Performance Data Analysis and Reporting
- Conduct high-quality analysis and performance reporting that enables improvement and innovation of services delivered by Service Providers to unemployed Palestinian youth, ultimately helping them find sustained employment. Analysis will be conducted to several milestones across the youth journey, including acceptance onto the DIB program, group training, individual coaching and mentoring services, internships, job placement support, etc. and ultimately, job start and sustainment for 6 months.
- Perform analysis to different datasets, including youth demographics, training delivery, youth employment data, etc.
- Support the Performance Management team and the Director in creating: 1) Performance packs (presentations) to be presented to the Board of Directors (and investors) for monthly performance review meetings, 2) Quarterly Outcomes Claims Reports to be presented to Outcomes Funders, 3) Annual Business planning, 4) Financial analysis and reporting as needed.
- Identify patterns and trends of performance/underperformance, and/or identify causality between projects’ inputs, training outputs and job outcomes that enables the PMT and Service Providers identify root causes and develop improvement plans to address implementation challenges, and redesign services.
- Suggest new KPIs/metrics to be monitored across the youth journey to help better analyze service delivery and performance.
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualizations.
- Ad hoc analysis to support decision making as needed
Data quality and Process Efficiency
- Work with the PMT to ensure that all weekly/monthly service delivery (progress) reports are collected and entered correctly on to the Data Management System (Apricot) and that its visualizations is correctly and accurately being reflected onto PBi dashboards.
- Identify, evaluate and implement data validation and cleansing.
- Work with the PMT and Service Providers to continually develop and refine data collection processes to make them as streamlined and efficient as possible.
- Apply continuous quality checks to ensure that the data being used for reporting is accurate and valid
- Work with the PMT to ensure that Outcomes Claims reports have accurate information on training outputs and jobs outcomes, and other needed data, which are submitted by the company for verification by the IVA.
Financial Performance Analysis and forecasting
- Use (and update as needed) the DIB Financial Modelling tool (developed on Excel) for the DIB portfolio of employment (both current and future) projects. This task is performed on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Use (and update as needed) the DIB Performance Forecasting tool (developed on Excel) for the DIB portfolio of current employment projects. This task is performed on monthly basis.
- Support the DIB Finance team in developing financial forecasts, cash flows, etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Skills & Experience
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, analysing and presenting performance data to drive performance improvement.
- An understanding of the value of analysis and what data sources, analytical techniques and tools can be used to provide evidence for decision making.
- Ability to undertake a variety of activities with a substantial degree of personal responsibility and autonomy. It is important to be able to work independently within a team.
- Strong ability to analyse, interpret, and manage data from a wide range of youth projects implemented under the DIB, by multiple local Service Providers, in a variety of sectors and areas.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Interpersonal and Team working skills, and strong Stakeholder Relationship Management skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, able to articulate analytical information, and present quantitative information to different audiences.
- Problem-solving skills
- Advanced and demonstrable proficiency in MS Office skills; specifically Excel and Power Point.
Desirable (Preferable) Skills
- Experience in Database/MIS system management.
- Knowledge of PowerBi or similar data visualization (dashboards).
- Knowledge of Power Query.
- Knowledge of Data Security requirements (especially identifiable and personal data).
- Experience working in youth Employment projects or youth projects at large.
Interested candidates should email a copy of their CV and covering letter explaining why you are qualified to fill this role.
Please send your emails to: [email protected], with the title “F4J-CS Vacancy” in the subject line, no later than October 9th, 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.